Supermarket stabbing in Clerkenwell sees two men in hospital
- Credit: Archant
Knife attack outside Budgens in Exmouth market on Friday night
Two men were taken to hospital following a stabbing outside a supermarket on Friday night.
Police were called at about 8.15pm to Tysoe Street, off Exmouth Market, in Clerkenwell, to reports of a man with knife wounds.
London Ambulance service (LAS) also attended and two men were taken to hospital, where they were said to be a stable condition.
Police say they are trying to establish where the assaults took place, but local witnesses said it was outside the Budgens supermarket
Posting on the Streetlife website, one said: “I have just been sent a message that two people were stabbed outside Budgens on Exmouth Market.
You may also want to watch:
“I am so upset....[I] love the park behind the market, attend the chapel for quiet contemplation, the world has gone mad...or this area?
“Lived here for thirty years, knew Exmouth Market when it had a Woolworths and “Dolphin” laundrette. All very sad.”
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 7 Meet Charrli - the Islington start-up facilitating zero-waste shopping
- 8 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 9 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 10 Arsenal youngsters Hennessy and Goldie selected for England under 19s
Nearby Rosebery Avenue was closed while police investigated the incident.
No arrests have been made.