Supermarket stabbing in Clerkenwell sees two men in hospital
- Credit: Archant
Knife attack outside Budgens in Exmouth market on Friday night
Two men were taken to hospital following a stabbing outside a supermarket on Friday night.
Police were called at about 8.15pm to Tysoe Street, off Exmouth Market, in Clerkenwell, to reports of a man with knife wounds.
London Ambulance service (LAS) also attended and two men were taken to hospital, where they were said to be a stable condition.
Police say they are trying to establish where the assaults took place, but local witnesses said it was outside the Budgens supermarket
Posting on the Streetlife website, one said: “I have just been sent a message that two people were stabbed outside Budgens on Exmouth Market.
You may also want to watch:
“I am so upset....[I] love the park behind the market, attend the chapel for quiet contemplation, the world has gone mad...or this area?
“Lived here for thirty years, knew Exmouth Market when it had a Woolworths and “Dolphin” laundrette. All very sad.”
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Housing, LTN, Living Wage, child exploitation and charity shops
- 7 Walk with a map
- 8 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 9 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 10 Can you help identify this man?
Nearby Rosebery Avenue was closed while police investigated the incident.
No arrests have been made.