Supermarket stabbing in Clerkenwell sees two men in hospital
- Credit: Archant
Knife attack outside Budgens in Exmouth market on Friday night
Two men were taken to hospital following a stabbing outside a supermarket on Friday night.
Police were called at about 8.15pm to Tysoe Street, off Exmouth Market, in Clerkenwell, to reports of a man with knife wounds.
London Ambulance service (LAS) also attended and two men were taken to hospital, where they were said to be a stable condition.
Police say they are trying to establish where the assaults took place, but local witnesses said it was outside the Budgens supermarket
Posting on the Streetlife website, one said: “I have just been sent a message that two people were stabbed outside Budgens on Exmouth Market.
You may also want to watch:
“I am so upset....[I] love the park behind the market, attend the chapel for quiet contemplation, the world has gone mad...or this area?
“Lived here for thirty years, knew Exmouth Market when it had a Woolworths and “Dolphin” laundrette. All very sad.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
Nearby Rosebery Avenue was closed while police investigated the incident.
No arrests have been made.