Suspected Finsbury dealer arrested in bed
POLICE arrested a suspected drug dealer in his bed and seized �2,500 during a raid on a Finsbury flat.
Officers forced their way into the property on the Bourne Estate, off Portpool Lane, after repeated complaints to Crimestoppers from neighbours.
Inside they found a 45-year-old man still under the covers, and a bag containing cannabis, drugs paraphernalia and what was believed to be cocaine.
Further searches recovered �2500 in cash.
The man was arrested on suspicion of possession of controlled drugs and of being concerned in the supply of controlled drugs, and later bailed until January.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Dean Kirby, from Holborn and Covent Garden Safer Neighbourhoods Team, which led the raid, said: “This was a good piece of police work following information received from the local community.”
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 4 How much do you know about Islington?
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 10 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'