Suspected Finsbury dealer arrested in bed
POLICE arrested a suspected drug dealer in his bed and seized �2,500 during a raid on a Finsbury flat.
Officers forced their way into the property on the Bourne Estate, off Portpool Lane, after repeated complaints to Crimestoppers from neighbours.
Inside they found a 45-year-old man still under the covers, and a bag containing cannabis, drugs paraphernalia and what was believed to be cocaine.
Further searches recovered �2500 in cash.
The man was arrested on suspicion of possession of controlled drugs and of being concerned in the supply of controlled drugs, and later bailed until January.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Dean Kirby, from Holborn and Covent Garden Safer Neighbourhoods Team, which led the raid, said: “This was a good piece of police work following information received from the local community.”
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 5 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 6 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 10 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes