Suspected Finsbury dealer arrested in bed
POLICE arrested a suspected drug dealer in his bed and seized �2,500 during a raid on a Finsbury flat.
Officers forced their way into the property on the Bourne Estate, off Portpool Lane, after repeated complaints to Crimestoppers from neighbours.
Inside they found a 45-year-old man still under the covers, and a bag containing cannabis, drugs paraphernalia and what was believed to be cocaine.
Further searches recovered �2500 in cash.
The man was arrested on suspicion of possession of controlled drugs and of being concerned in the supply of controlled drugs, and later bailed until January.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Dean Kirby, from Holborn and Covent Garden Safer Neighbourhoods Team, which led the raid, said: “This was a good piece of police work following information received from the local community.”
- 1 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 6 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story
- 10 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party