Suspected Romanian phone snatchers hunted by police
- Credit: Archant
One of the pair, thought to be behind a string of thefts across Islington, has ‘Nike’ and ‘Armani’ tattooed on his arms
Two Romanian men suspected of series of phone snatches are being hunted by police.
Mihai Munteanu 28, and Ciprian Caldararu, 20, both of Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park, were stopped and arrested on March 30 on suspicion of stealing mobile phones.
The pair were released on bail but failed to return on their bail date- 7 April.
Police have now released pictures of the two in a bid to track them down.
You may also want to watch:
Munteanu is a Romanian male, 5 ft 5 ins tall, of medium build with short black hair.
Caldararu is a Romanian male, 5 ft 7 ins tall, of large build with short black hair.
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 3 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 7 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 8 Walk with a map
- 9 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 10 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
He has the word Nike tattooed to the top of his left arm and Armani on his inner, right forearm.
Anyone who knows of their whereabouts cancall 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.