Suspected Romanian phone snatchers hunted by police
- Credit: Archant
One of the pair, thought to be behind a string of thefts across Islington, has ‘Nike’ and ‘Armani’ tattooed on his arms
Two Romanian men suspected of series of phone snatches are being hunted by police.
Mihai Munteanu 28, and Ciprian Caldararu, 20, both of Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park, were stopped and arrested on March 30 on suspicion of stealing mobile phones.
The pair were released on bail but failed to return on their bail date- 7 April.
Police have now released pictures of the two in a bid to track them down.
You may also want to watch:
Munteanu is a Romanian male, 5 ft 5 ins tall, of medium build with short black hair.
Caldararu is a Romanian male, 5 ft 7 ins tall, of large build with short black hair.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
He has the word Nike tattooed to the top of his left arm and Armani on his inner, right forearm.
Anyone who knows of their whereabouts cancall 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.