Swain’s Lane crash: Crouch Hill man admits knocking cyclist Josh Dey off his bike
- Credit: Archant
A Crouch Hill man has pleaded guilty to two driving offences over the hit and run crash that left Archway cyclist Josh Dey in hospital.
At Blackfriars' Crown Court on Tuesday, Sean Fagan, of Regina Road, admitted being at the wheel of a black BMW convertible that knocked Josh from his bike in Swain's Lane, Highgate on Easter Sunday - April 21 - this year.
The 29-year-old gave a guilty plea to two charges - one of failing to stop at the scene of an accident and another of dangerous driving.
Josh, 22, was left with a bleed on the brain after the April 1 crash, and told this newspaper that, although he loved cycling, he couldn't see himself back on a bike soon.
"I can't see being back on a bike this year. I don't want to get back on a bike because I don't want to think about getting hit by a car," he said.
You may also want to watch:
Fagan has been bailed and will be sentenced on July 2 at the same court.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 7 Elthorne Pride community group's back-to-school initiative
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Islington company offers paid leave for miscarriage sufferers
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'