Swain’s Lane crash: Crouch Hill man admits knocking cyclist Josh Dey off his bike
- Credit: Archant
A Crouch Hill man has pleaded guilty to two driving offences over the hit and run crash that left Archway cyclist Josh Dey in hospital.
At Blackfriars' Crown Court on Tuesday, Sean Fagan, of Regina Road, admitted being at the wheel of a black BMW convertible that knocked Josh from his bike in Swain's Lane, Highgate on Easter Sunday - April 21 - this year.
The 29-year-old gave a guilty plea to two charges - one of failing to stop at the scene of an accident and another of dangerous driving.
Josh, 22, was left with a bleed on the brain after the April 1 crash, and told this newspaper that, although he loved cycling, he couldn't see himself back on a bike soon.
"I can't see being back on a bike this year. I don't want to get back on a bike because I don't want to think about getting hit by a car," he said.
Fagan has been bailed and will be sentenced on July 2 at the same court.
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 3 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 4 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 5 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 6 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 7 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 8 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 9 Michael Palin Christmas carol fundraiser to support children who stammer
- 10 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information