Swain’s Lane: Man charged after crash which injured cyclist sees case adjourned until June
- Credit: Archant
The case of man charged with a number of driving offences relating to a crash in Swain’s Lane, Highgate, which left a cyclist seriously injured has been adjourned until June.
Crouch Hill man Sean Fagan, 29 and of Regina Road, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court yesterday, where the case was adjourned until June 4.
Then it will resume with a hearing at Blackfriars' Crown Court, where the defendant may enter a plea.
The defendant was charged on Monday with causing serious injury by dangerous driving on 21 April - Easter Sunday.
Police were called to Swain's Lane at around 6.45pm on April 21 to reports of black BMW in collision with a cyclist.
He is also facing charges of failing to stop after a road traffic collision and failing to report a road traffic collision.
The incident left Archway student Josh Dey, 22, in hospital with injuries to his brain, nose and knee.
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 Plea date set for man accused of Sabita Thanwani killing
- 3 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 4 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 5 International food festival coming to Islington this month
- 6 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 7 'Mistrust and fear' of services fuelling Islington BAME employment gap, research finds
- 8 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
- 9 Call to get vaccinated amid Covid surge
- 10 Young stars of the design world celebrated at awards
The charges come after this paper published footage of the accident last Thursday as part of Josh's attempts to help police find the driver.