Swain’s Lane: Man charged after crash which injured cyclist sees case adjourned until June
- Credit: Archant
The case of man charged with a number of driving offences relating to a crash in Swain’s Lane, Highgate, which left a cyclist seriously injured has been adjourned until June.
Crouch Hill man Sean Fagan, 29 and of Regina Road, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court yesterday, where the case was adjourned until June 4.
Then it will resume with a hearing at Blackfriars' Crown Court, where the defendant may enter a plea.
The defendant was charged on Monday with causing serious injury by dangerous driving on 21 April - Easter Sunday.
Police were called to Swain's Lane at around 6.45pm on April 21 to reports of black BMW in collision with a cyclist.
You may also want to watch:
He is also facing charges of failing to stop after a road traffic collision and failing to report a road traffic collision.
The incident left Archway student Josh Dey, 22, in hospital with injuries to his brain, nose and knee.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 4 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Letters: Holloway Prison site development
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
The charges come after this paper published footage of the accident last Thursday as part of Josh's attempts to help police find the driver.