Swain’s Lane: Man charged after crash which injured cyclist sees case adjourned until June
- Credit: Archant
The case of man charged with a number of driving offences relating to a crash in Swain’s Lane, Highgate, which left a cyclist seriously injured has been adjourned until June.
Crouch Hill man Sean Fagan, 29 and of Regina Road, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court yesterday, where the case was adjourned until June 4.
Then it will resume with a hearing at Blackfriars' Crown Court, where the defendant may enter a plea.
The defendant was charged on Monday with causing serious injury by dangerous driving on 21 April - Easter Sunday.
Police were called to Swain's Lane at around 6.45pm on April 21 to reports of black BMW in collision with a cyclist.
You may also want to watch:
He is also facing charges of failing to stop after a road traffic collision and failing to report a road traffic collision.
The incident left Archway student Josh Dey, 22, in hospital with injuries to his brain, nose and knee.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 7 Meet Charrli - the Islington start-up facilitating zero-waste shopping
- 8 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 9 Arsenal youngsters Hennessy and Goldie selected for England under 19s
- 10 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
The charges come after this paper published footage of the accident last Thursday as part of Josh's attempts to help police find the driver.