Swain’s Lane: Man charged after crash which injured cyclist sees case adjourned until June
- Credit: Archant
The case of man charged with a number of driving offences relating to a crash in Swain’s Lane, Highgate, which left a cyclist seriously injured has been adjourned until June.
Crouch Hill man Sean Fagan, 29 and of Regina Road, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court yesterday, where the case was adjourned until June 4.
Then it will resume with a hearing at Blackfriars' Crown Court, where the defendant may enter a plea.
The defendant was charged on Monday with causing serious injury by dangerous driving on 21 April - Easter Sunday.
Police were called to Swain's Lane at around 6.45pm on April 21 to reports of black BMW in collision with a cyclist.
You may also want to watch:
He is also facing charges of failing to stop after a road traffic collision and failing to report a road traffic collision.
The incident left Archway student Josh Dey, 22, in hospital with injuries to his brain, nose and knee.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 7 Islington company offers paid leave for miscarriage sufferers
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 10 Elthorne Pride community group's back-to-school initiative
The charges come after this paper published footage of the accident last Thursday as part of Josh's attempts to help police find the driver.