Swain’s Lane: Man charged after crash which injured cyclist sees case adjourned until June
- Credit: Archant
The case of man charged with a number of driving offences relating to a crash in Swain’s Lane, Highgate, which left a cyclist seriously injured has been adjourned until June.
Crouch Hill man Sean Fagan, 29 and of Regina Road, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court yesterday, where the case was adjourned until June 4.
Then it will resume with a hearing at Blackfriars' Crown Court, where the defendant may enter a plea.
The defendant was charged on Monday with causing serious injury by dangerous driving on 21 April - Easter Sunday.
Police were called to Swain's Lane at around 6.45pm on April 21 to reports of black BMW in collision with a cyclist.
You may also want to watch:
He is also facing charges of failing to stop after a road traffic collision and failing to report a road traffic collision.
The incident left Archway student Josh Dey, 22, in hospital with injuries to his brain, nose and knee.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 4 Letters: Environment and tenants' manifesto
- 5 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 6 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 7 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 8 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
- 9 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 10 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
The charges come after this paper published footage of the accident last Thursday as part of Josh's attempts to help police find the driver.