Swain’s Lane collision: Man charged after cyclist knocked over by BMW
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with driving offences after a cyclist was injured in Highgate.
Sean Fagan, 29, of Regina Road, Crouch Hill, was charged with several driving offences over the incident which took place in cycling hotspot Swain’s Lane on April 21 - Easter Sunday.
Medical student Josh, 22, was taken to hospital where his injuries – which included a bleed on the brain and multiple fractures to his nose – were assessed as not life-threatening, Scotland Yard said.
Fagan is further charged with failing to stop after a road traffic collision and failing to report a road traffic collision, Scotland Yard said.
Police were called to Swain’s Lane at around 6.45pm on April 21 to reports of black BMW in collision with a cyclist.
You may also want to watch:
Fagan will appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court today.
The charge comes after this paper published footage of the accident last Thursday as part of Josh’s attempts to help police find the driver.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Angel Comedy Club launches mockumentary series to save venue
- 10 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student