Swain’s Lane collision: Man charged after cyclist knocked over by BMW
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with driving offences after a cyclist was injured in Highgate.
Sean Fagan, 29, of Regina Road, Crouch Hill, was charged with several driving offences over the incident which took place in cycling hotspot Swain’s Lane on April 21 - Easter Sunday.
Medical student Josh, 22, was taken to hospital where his injuries – which included a bleed on the brain and multiple fractures to his nose – were assessed as not life-threatening, Scotland Yard said.
Fagan is further charged with failing to stop after a road traffic collision and failing to report a road traffic collision, Scotland Yard said.
Police were called to Swain’s Lane at around 6.45pm on April 21 to reports of black BMW in collision with a cyclist.
You may also want to watch:
Fagan will appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court today.
The charge comes after this paper published footage of the accident last Thursday as part of Josh’s attempts to help police find the driver.
- 1 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 2 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 5 Islington arts groups get £6.6m government Covid boost
- 6 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 7 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 8 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 9 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 10 Can you help identify this man?