Swain’s Lane collision: Man charged after cyclist knocked over by BMW
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with driving offences after a cyclist was injured in Highgate.
Sean Fagan, 29, of Regina Road, Crouch Hill, was charged with several driving offences over the incident which took place in cycling hotspot Swain’s Lane on April 21 - Easter Sunday.
Medical student Josh, 22, was taken to hospital where his injuries – which included a bleed on the brain and multiple fractures to his nose – were assessed as not life-threatening, Scotland Yard said.
Fagan is further charged with failing to stop after a road traffic collision and failing to report a road traffic collision, Scotland Yard said.
Police were called to Swain’s Lane at around 6.45pm on April 21 to reports of black BMW in collision with a cyclist.
You may also want to watch:
Fagan will appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court today.
The charge comes after this paper published footage of the accident last Thursday as part of Josh’s attempts to help police find the driver.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 4 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Letters: Holloway Prison site development
- 10 New 'ethical' Deliveroo-style service coming to Islington