Swain’s Lane collision: Man charged after cyclist knocked over by BMW
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with driving offences after a cyclist was injured in Highgate.
Sean Fagan, 29, of Regina Road, Crouch Hill, was charged with several driving offences over the incident which took place in cycling hotspot Swain’s Lane on April 21 - Easter Sunday.
Medical student Josh, 22, was taken to hospital where his injuries – which included a bleed on the brain and multiple fractures to his nose – were assessed as not life-threatening, Scotland Yard said.
Fagan is further charged with failing to stop after a road traffic collision and failing to report a road traffic collision, Scotland Yard said.
Police were called to Swain’s Lane at around 6.45pm on April 21 to reports of black BMW in collision with a cyclist.
You may also want to watch:
Fagan will appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court today.
The charge comes after this paper published footage of the accident last Thursday as part of Josh’s attempts to help police find the driver.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists