Taylor Cox murder: Old Bailey date for Holloway suspect
- Credit: Met Police
A man charged with murdering Taylor Cox in Islington is set to appear at the Old Bailey.
Holloway man Sichem Mangituka-Mpelo, of Sussex Way, appeared at Highbury Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday (August 25) and was sent to the higher court.
The 20-year-old was arrested on Monday, becoming the third to be detained in relation to the suspected murder.
He is set to appear before the Central Criminal Crown Court, otherwise known as the Old Bailey, on Friday (August 27).
Taylor, who lived in Barnet, was found with a head injury after police were called to reports of shots fired in Hornsey Rise Gardens shortly before 4.30pm on June 8.
Metropolitan Police have already charged two others with murder: Robel Michael, 20, of no fixed address, and Jaden McGibbon, 20, of Warltersville Road.
Both men are set to appear at the Old Bailey on September 1 for a mention.
The court has also pencilled into its diary a pre-trial preparation hearing for October 25, although no pleas have yet been entered.
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 3 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 4 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 5 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 6 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 7 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 8 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 9 Arsenal Women welcome signings Souza, Blackstenius and Wienroither
- 10 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found