Teen actor stabbed after audition at Holloway’s Pleasance Theatre
AN ASPIRING young actor suffered a punctured lung after he was stabbed as he visited Islington for an audition.
The 16-year-old boy suffered serious but not life threatening injuries after the incident in North Road, Holloway, on Sunday.
A 21-year-old man has been arrested in connection with this incident and he has been bailed until April 6 pending further enquiries.
Police say a gang of three went on the rampage and targeted several young thespians – including the 16-year-old boy – who had just auditioned for a play at the Pleasance Theatre, in Carpenters Mews, Holloway.
Pleasance Theatre director Anthony Alderson said: “It was a horrendous incident. From what I have been told it was completely unprovoked. Our sympathies go to his family.”
You may also want to watch:
The boy – who lives in London - was trying for a part in the production of John Godbear’s Teechers which is set to feature in the Edinburgh Festival next year.
Mr Alderson said: “There were a number of gifted young actors who attended the audition. This incident will certainly not stop us. We have had a very positive impact in this area of London. “
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 4 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 7 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 8 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 9 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 10 Whittington patients increase as Covid 'major incident' declared in London
Police said the gang first attacked two actors at 1pm in North Road because they didn’t have a cigarette.
They then targeted a second group of youngsters near Caledonian Road - stabbing the 16-year-old boy in the back and throwing a traffic cone at another victim.
The knife victim was taken to hospital and several other teenagers were left with cuts and bruises.
Detective Constable Sam Benbow, from Islington police, said: “There’s no suggestion of gang rivalry. The victim was visiting Islington for the first time to attend the audition.
“This was an unprovoked attack. It is quite surprising that it happened in broad daylight.“
The first suspect was white, 5ft 4ins tall, aged 13 or 14, and skinny with shoulder length messy brown hair.
The second suspect was white, 5ft 7ins tall and about 15, with shoulder length messy brown hair.
Police said the third suspect was white, 5ft 4ins tall, about 13 and chubby with shoulder length brown hair and a spotty face.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 7421 0185 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.