Teen charged with Alan’s murder appears at Old Bailey
- Credit: Archant
A teenager charged with the murder of 15-year-old Alan Cartwright made his first appearance at the Old Bailey yesterday
Joshua Williams, 18, of Davenant Road, Upper Holloway, is also charged with conspiracy to rob in relation to the fatal stabbing of the youngster in Caledonian Road, Islington, on February 27.
Alan managed to continue cycling a short distance after the callous attack but soon collapsed and was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination found that Alan died from a single stab wound to the chest.
Williams was remanded in custody and will return to the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on May 25.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old boy and two men aged 18 and 21 were arrested on suspicion of murder relating to the death and have been bailed until dates in April.
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 3 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 4 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school