Teen charged with Alan’s murder appears at Old Bailey
- Credit: Archant
A teenager charged with the murder of 15-year-old Alan Cartwright made his first appearance at the Old Bailey yesterday
Joshua Williams, 18, of Davenant Road, Upper Holloway, is also charged with conspiracy to rob in relation to the fatal stabbing of the youngster in Caledonian Road, Islington, on February 27.
Alan managed to continue cycling a short distance after the callous attack but soon collapsed and was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination found that Alan died from a single stab wound to the chest.
Williams was remanded in custody and will return to the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on May 25.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old boy and two men aged 18 and 21 were arrested on suspicion of murder relating to the death and have been bailed until dates in April.
- 1 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 2 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 3 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 4 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 New 'ethical' Deliveroo-style service coming to Islington
- 10 Letters: Holloway Prison site development