Teen charged with Alan’s murder appears at Old Bailey
- Credit: Archant
A teenager charged with the murder of 15-year-old Alan Cartwright made his first appearance at the Old Bailey yesterday
Joshua Williams, 18, of Davenant Road, Upper Holloway, is also charged with conspiracy to rob in relation to the fatal stabbing of the youngster in Caledonian Road, Islington, on February 27.
Alan managed to continue cycling a short distance after the callous attack but soon collapsed and was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination found that Alan died from a single stab wound to the chest.
Williams was remanded in custody and will return to the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on May 25.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old boy and two men aged 18 and 21 were arrested on suspicion of murder relating to the death and have been bailed until dates in April.
- 1 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 2 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 5 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 8 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub