Teen charged with Alan’s murder appears at Old Bailey
- Credit: Archant
A teenager charged with the murder of 15-year-old Alan Cartwright made his first appearance at the Old Bailey yesterday
Joshua Williams, 18, of Davenant Road, Upper Holloway, is also charged with conspiracy to rob in relation to the fatal stabbing of the youngster in Caledonian Road, Islington, on February 27.
Alan managed to continue cycling a short distance after the callous attack but soon collapsed and was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination found that Alan died from a single stab wound to the chest.
Williams was remanded in custody and will return to the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on May 25.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old boy and two men aged 18 and 21 were arrested on suspicion of murder relating to the death and have been bailed until dates in April.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
- 10 Jungle Cruise (12A)