Teen critical after assault outside Archway Tavern
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was left in a critical condition after an assault in Archway in the early hours of Saturday.
The victim, a 17-year-old boy, was found by police and London Amubulance Service with head injuries outside the Archway Tavern, Archway Road, after they received a call at about 4am.
Officers believe he was assaulted between 3.30am and 4.15am and are keeping an open mind to the motive, despite saying they do not believe the attack to be gang related at this stage.
Large sections of Flowers Mews and Archway Close were cordoned off for much of Saturday, leaving the pub, Dowe Dynamics Gym and other businesses in the area closed to customers.
Officers from Islington CID are investigating but have made no arrests so far.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- 1 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 2 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 5 Islington arts groups get £6.6m government Covid boost
- 6 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 7 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 8 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 9 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 10 Can you help identify this man?