Teen critical after assault outside Archway Tavern
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was left in a critical condition after an assault in Archway in the early hours of Saturday.
The victim, a 17-year-old boy, was found by police and London Amubulance Service with head injuries outside the Archway Tavern, Archway Road, after they received a call at about 4am.
Officers believe he was assaulted between 3.30am and 4.15am and are keeping an open mind to the motive, despite saying they do not believe the attack to be gang related at this stage.
Large sections of Flowers Mews and Archway Close were cordoned off for much of Saturday, leaving the pub, Dowe Dynamics Gym and other businesses in the area closed to customers.
Officers from Islington CID are investigating but have made no arrests so far.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 6 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green