Teen critical after assault outside Archway Tavern
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was left in a critical condition after an assault in Archway in the early hours of Saturday.
The victim, a 17-year-old boy, was found by police and London Amubulance Service with head injuries outside the Archway Tavern, Archway Road, after they received a call at about 4am.
Officers believe he was assaulted between 3.30am and 4.15am and are keeping an open mind to the motive, despite saying they do not believe the attack to be gang related at this stage.
Large sections of Flowers Mews and Archway Close were cordoned off for much of Saturday, leaving the pub, Dowe Dynamics Gym and other businesses in the area closed to customers.
Officers from Islington CID are investigating but have made no arrests so far.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants