Teen critical after assault outside Archway Tavern
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was left in a critical condition after an assault in Archway in the early hours of Saturday.
The victim, a 17-year-old boy, was found by police and London Amubulance Service with head injuries outside the Archway Tavern, Archway Road, after they received a call at about 4am.
Officers believe he was assaulted between 3.30am and 4.15am and are keeping an open mind to the motive, despite saying they do not believe the attack to be gang related at this stage.
Large sections of Flowers Mews and Archway Close were cordoned off for much of Saturday, leaving the pub, Dowe Dynamics Gym and other businesses in the area closed to customers.
Officers from Islington CID are investigating but have made no arrests so far.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Angel Comedy Club launches mockumentary series to save venue
- 10 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student