Teen robbed at knifepoint outside Jeremy Corbyn’s Finsbury Park constituency office
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old woman was threatened with a knife and robbed outside Jeremy Corbyn’s constituency office in Finsbury Park last night.
Yaminur Rahman said his daughter, who didn’t wish to be named, had her phone snatched outside Durham Road Resource Centre at about 9.15pm.
And she told the Gazette this afternoon: “I had finished working late in Upper Street. I got off the bus at Finsbury Park station [at its Stroud Green Road side]. I walked along Lennox Road. It was very busy but I felt like someone was following me.
“I saw a boy on a bicycle so I went into an off-licence [in Fonthill Road] to try and lose him. I left, walking fast, but he came back and had a knife.
“He had a scarf around his mouth. He was muttering something and snatched the phone off me. He went off so quick. I ran into the Damla off-licence [just up the road from the Resource Centre] where we know the owners.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Rahman, who lives off Durham Road, added: “She’s OK, but she’s in shock. I’m really, really upset. It’s happening a lot in that corner.
“I won’t allow her to work that late again. I’m really worried. It’s never happened to us before. We feel safe as part of this community, but this has shocked me.”
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 3 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 6 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 7 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
Labour leader Mr Corbyn’s Islington North constituency office is based in the Resource Centre.
The Met was unable to provide a record of the incident when approached by the Gazette.