Teen stabbed by moped rider in Caledonian Road
- Credit: Archant
A teenager is in hospital after being stabbed by a moped rider in the Cally last night.
Police were called to the scene, near the junction with Bridgeman Road, at 8.15pm. The victim, believed to be 18, was taken by medics to hospital where he is said to be in stable condition.
Scotland Yard said the attacker is believed to have driven off on a moped after the incident.
No arrests have been made and police are investigating.
Caledonian’s Cllr Paul Convery told the Gazette families in the area were worried about gangs that have been operating in the area on a daily basis since the summer.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “People in Cally are no longer merely ‘concerned’ about this. Many are simply scared. Many kids don’t play out.
“Most parents are anxious even though the chances of their kids being caught-up are very low. This is not how life in a normal neighbourhood should be.”
- 1 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 2 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 7 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 8 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 9 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 10 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation