Teen stabbed by moped rider in Caledonian Road
- Credit: Archant
A teenager is in hospital after being stabbed by a moped rider in the Cally last night.
Police were called to the scene, near the junction with Bridgeman Road, at 8.15pm. The victim, believed to be 18, was taken by medics to hospital where he is said to be in stable condition.
Scotland Yard said the attacker is believed to have driven off on a moped after the incident.
No arrests have been made and police are investigating.
Caledonian’s Cllr Paul Convery told the Gazette families in the area were worried about gangs that have been operating in the area on a daily basis since the summer.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “People in Cally are no longer merely ‘concerned’ about this. Many are simply scared. Many kids don’t play out.
“Most parents are anxious even though the chances of their kids being caught-up are very low. This is not how life in a normal neighbourhood should be.”
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 6 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 7 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story