Teen stabbed by moped rider in Caledonian Road
- Credit: Archant
A teenager is in hospital after being stabbed by a moped rider in the Cally last night.
Police were called to the scene, near the junction with Bridgeman Road, at 8.15pm. The victim, believed to be 18, was taken by medics to hospital where he is said to be in stable condition.
Scotland Yard said the attacker is believed to have driven off on a moped after the incident.
No arrests have been made and police are investigating.
Caledonian’s Cllr Paul Convery told the Gazette families in the area were worried about gangs that have been operating in the area on a daily basis since the summer.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “People in Cally are no longer merely ‘concerned’ about this. Many are simply scared. Many kids don’t play out.
“Most parents are anxious even though the chances of their kids being caught-up are very low. This is not how life in a normal neighbourhood should be.”
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 4 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 5 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 6 How much do you know about Islington?
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 10 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary