Teen stabbed in bum near Emirates minutes before Arsenal match
- Credit: Archant
Knife attack - just prior to Champions League game - fifth in borough this month
A teenager was stabbed in the bottom in a Holloway skirmish, minutes before Arsenal’s Champions clash.
The attack took place on Holloway Road and is the fifth knifing in the borough this month.
Police rushed to the to reports of a fight at about 7.40pm on Wednesday night, five minutes before the Gunners took on Monaco just around the corner at the Emirates Stadium.
A 17-year-old boy was taken to hospital with minor stab injuries, thought to be in his buttocks.
You may also want to watch:
A ‘substance’ was also sprayed in his face, police say.
His injuries were not serious, and he later discharged.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 7 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 10 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
Bottom-stabbings are often used as humiliation attacks.
Islington Police are investigating.
No arrests have been made.