Teen stabbed in bum near Emirates minutes before Arsenal match
- Credit: Archant
Knife attack - just prior to Champions League game - fifth in borough this month
A teenager was stabbed in the bottom in a Holloway skirmish, minutes before Arsenal’s Champions clash.
The attack took place on Holloway Road and is the fifth knifing in the borough this month.
Police rushed to the to reports of a fight at about 7.40pm on Wednesday night, five minutes before the Gunners took on Monaco just around the corner at the Emirates Stadium.
A 17-year-old boy was taken to hospital with minor stab injuries, thought to be in his buttocks.
A ‘substance’ was also sprayed in his face, police say.
His injuries were not serious, and he later discharged.
- 1 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 2 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 3 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 4 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 5 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 6 Homes under the Planner: Schemes submitted or approved in Islington in June
- 7 Siblings open community-oriented park coffee hut
- 8 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 9 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 10 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
Bottom-stabbings are often used as humiliation attacks.
Islington Police are investigating.
No arrests have been made.