Teen stabbed in bum near Emirates minutes before Arsenal match
- Credit: Archant
Knife attack - just prior to Champions League game - fifth in borough this month
A teenager was stabbed in the bottom in a Holloway skirmish, minutes before Arsenal’s Champions clash.
The attack took place on Holloway Road and is the fifth knifing in the borough this month.
Police rushed to the to reports of a fight at about 7.40pm on Wednesday night, five minutes before the Gunners took on Monaco just around the corner at the Emirates Stadium.
A 17-year-old boy was taken to hospital with minor stab injuries, thought to be in his buttocks.
You may also want to watch:
A ‘substance’ was also sprayed in his face, police say.
His injuries were not serious, and he later discharged.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
- 8 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 9 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 10 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
Bottom-stabbings are often used as humiliation attacks.
Islington Police are investigating.
No arrests have been made.