Teen stabbed in bum near Emirates minutes before Arsenal match
- Credit: Archant
Knife attack - just prior to Champions League game - fifth in borough this month
A teenager was stabbed in the bottom in a Holloway skirmish, minutes before Arsenal’s Champions clash.
The attack took place on Holloway Road and is the fifth knifing in the borough this month.
Police rushed to the to reports of a fight at about 7.40pm on Wednesday night, five minutes before the Gunners took on Monaco just around the corner at the Emirates Stadium.
A 17-year-old boy was taken to hospital with minor stab injuries, thought to be in his buttocks.
You may also want to watch:
A ‘substance’ was also sprayed in his face, police say.
His injuries were not serious, and he later discharged.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 8 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
- 9 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
Bottom-stabbings are often used as humiliation attacks.
Islington Police are investigating.
No arrests have been made.