Teen stabbed in suspected Dalston gang attack
- Credit: Archant
Knife mob flee towards Canonbury after assault - 19-year-old left critical
A teenager was left in a critical condition after being stabbed in a suspected gang attack.
The 19-year-old was knifed in the stomach by a large group of males in Dalston at about 8.50pm on Wednesday night.
Following the assault on Kingsland Road, the mob ran along Tottenham Road towards Canonbury.
Officer from Scotland Yard’s Trident gang specialists are investigating.
A Met Spokesman said: “A 19-year-old man was found with severe abdominal injuries.
“He has been taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
- 1 Layout of new LTN around Upper Street revealed
- 2 CCTV: Footage of man sought by officers investigating sexual assault
- 3 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 4 Islington school praised for celebrating 'difference and diversity'
- 5 Islington's Tory councillor calls for LTNs to be scrapped
- 6 Reclaim the Night: Women demand end to gendered violence in north London
- 7 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 8 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 9 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 10 Project helps to integrate Black women into Caledonian community
“The victim was attacked by a large group of males who were seen to run off along Tottenham Road.”
No arrests have been made.
Witnesses, or anyone with information, can call police on 0207 230 9795, the police non-emergency line on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.