Teen stabbed in suspected Dalston gang attack
- Credit: Archant
Knife mob flee towards Canonbury after assault - 19-year-old left critical
A teenager was left in a critical condition after being stabbed in a suspected gang attack.
The 19-year-old was knifed in the stomach by a large group of males in Dalston at about 8.50pm on Wednesday night.
Following the assault on Kingsland Road, the mob ran along Tottenham Road towards Canonbury.
Officer from Scotland Yard’s Trident gang specialists are investigating.
A Met Spokesman said: “A 19-year-old man was found with severe abdominal injuries.
“He has been taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
- 1 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 2 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 3 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 4 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 5 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 6 Siblings open community-oriented park coffee hut
- 7 Homes under the Planner: Schemes submitted or approved in Islington in June
- 8 Karate champion helps children to build confidence through martial arts
- 9 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 10 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
“The victim was attacked by a large group of males who were seen to run off along Tottenham Road.”
No arrests have been made.
Witnesses, or anyone with information, can call police on 0207 230 9795, the police non-emergency line on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.