Teen stabbed in suspected Dalston gang attack
- Credit: Archant
Knife mob flee towards Canonbury after assault - 19-year-old left critical
A teenager was left in a critical condition after being stabbed in a suspected gang attack.
The 19-year-old was knifed in the stomach by a large group of males in Dalston at about 8.50pm on Wednesday night.
Following the assault on Kingsland Road, the mob ran along Tottenham Road towards Canonbury.
Officer from Scotland Yard’s Trident gang specialists are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
A Met Spokesman said: “A 19-year-old man was found with severe abdominal injuries.
“He has been taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
- 1 Can you help identify this man?
- 2 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 3 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 4 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 5 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 6 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway
- 7 Church closes Highgate path over 'antisocial behaviour and assault'
- 8 Islington Council racked up nearly £500,000 from LTN fines in 4 months
- 9 Climate change: Nurture nature
- 10 Alex Smith murder: Abdirahman Ibrahim found guilty
“The victim was attacked by a large group of males who were seen to run off along Tottenham Road.”
No arrests have been made.
Witnesses, or anyone with information, can call police on 0207 230 9795, the police non-emergency line on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.