Teenage girl fights off attempted kidnappers in Archway
A TEENAGE girl fought off two men who grabbed her from behind and tried to drag her off.
The 18-year-old victim was grabbed round the neck by one man, before another came in front of her and tried to pick her up in Macdonald Road, Archway, in the early hours of Saturday.
She kicked the second attacker in the face and managed to run away from the pair.
The incident took place shortly after 4am. The woman had been walking along Holloway Road moments earlier and passed a silver Vauxall Corsa with two people inside after turning into Macdonald Road.
Detective Constable Mark Cockerham, of Islington Police, said: “This was a cowardly assault on a young woman who is now too scared to go out alone. Fortunately she was able to run away but I am keen to trace these men to stop this happening again. If anyone witnessed this or has any information about these people please contact the police or Crimestoppers.”
One of the attackers was black, 5ft 2ins tall, of medium build, and aged between 20 and 25. The other was of Somalian appearance, 6ft 4ins tall, skinny, with short dark hair and a distinctive long face, and aged between 30 and 35 years old.
Anyone with information should call Islington police on 020 7421 0391 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 3 Poorer households in Islington could see council tax cut
- 4 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 5 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 6 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 7 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
- 8 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 9 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 10 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty