Teenage girl fights off attempted kidnappers in Archway
A TEENAGE girl fought off two men who grabbed her from behind and tried to drag her off.
The 18-year-old victim was grabbed round the neck by one man, before another came in front of her and tried to pick her up in Macdonald Road, Archway, in the early hours of Saturday.
She kicked the second attacker in the face and managed to run away from the pair.
The incident took place shortly after 4am. The woman had been walking along Holloway Road moments earlier and passed a silver Vauxall Corsa with two people inside after turning into Macdonald Road.
Detective Constable Mark Cockerham, of Islington Police, said: “This was a cowardly assault on a young woman who is now too scared to go out alone. Fortunately she was able to run away but I am keen to trace these men to stop this happening again. If anyone witnessed this or has any information about these people please contact the police or Crimestoppers.”
You may also want to watch:
One of the attackers was black, 5ft 2ins tall, of medium build, and aged between 20 and 25. The other was of Somalian appearance, 6ft 4ins tall, skinny, with short dark hair and a distinctive long face, and aged between 30 and 35 years old.
Anyone with information should call Islington police on 020 7421 0391 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years