Teenager denies murdering Islington teen Alan Cartwright
- Credit: Archant
Second man accused of conspiracy to rob also denies the charges
A teenager accused of murdering 15-year-old Alan Cartwright has denied the charges.
Joshua Williams, 18 of Davenant Road, Upper Holloway pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and conspiracy to rob via video link from Belmarsh prison at the Old Bailey today.
Shaquill Roberts, also 18, from Northumberland Park, Tottenham, pleaded not guilty to one count of conspiracy to rob at same court in front of Alan’s mother, father and sister.
The pair were remanded in custody to await a three-week trial provisionally set to start on September 1.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Cartwright was stabbed in the chest near Kember Street as he cycled along Caledonian Road with friends on Friday, February 27.
The schoolboy continued riding a short distance after the attack but collapsed outside Cally Pool and was later pronounced dead at the scene.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios
- 10 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
A postmortem examination found that he died from a single stab wound to the chest.