Teenager denies murdering Islington teen Alan Cartwright
- Credit: Archant
Second man accused of conspiracy to rob also denies the charges
A teenager accused of murdering 15-year-old Alan Cartwright has denied the charges.
Joshua Williams, 18 of Davenant Road, Upper Holloway pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and conspiracy to rob via video link from Belmarsh prison at the Old Bailey today.
Shaquill Roberts, also 18, from Northumberland Park, Tottenham, pleaded not guilty to one count of conspiracy to rob at same court in front of Alan’s mother, father and sister.
The pair were remanded in custody to await a three-week trial provisionally set to start on September 1.
Alan Cartwright was stabbed in the chest near Kember Street as he cycled along Caledonian Road with friends on Friday, February 27.
The schoolboy continued riding a short distance after the attack but collapsed outside Cally Pool and was later pronounced dead at the scene.
- 1 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
- 2 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 3 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 4 Man allegedly 'shouted racist abuse' in Waterlow Park
- 5 Whittington Hospital's landmark incinerator chimney to be dismantled
- 6 Islington woman makes thousands from odd jobs app Airtasker
- 7 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 8 Petition for safer Finsbury Park gets 1,250 signatures in one week
- 9 Emma Thompson and Sir Ian McKellen line up to play Whodunnit detectives
- 10 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
A postmortem examination found that he died from a single stab wound to the chest.