Teenager denies murdering Islington teen Alan Cartwright
- Credit: Archant
Second man accused of conspiracy to rob also denies the charges
A teenager accused of murdering 15-year-old Alan Cartwright has denied the charges.
Joshua Williams, 18 of Davenant Road, Upper Holloway pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and conspiracy to rob via video link from Belmarsh prison at the Old Bailey today.
Shaquill Roberts, also 18, from Northumberland Park, Tottenham, pleaded not guilty to one count of conspiracy to rob at same court in front of Alan’s mother, father and sister.
The pair were remanded in custody to await a three-week trial provisionally set to start on September 1.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Cartwright was stabbed in the chest near Kember Street as he cycled along Caledonian Road with friends on Friday, February 27.
The schoolboy continued riding a short distance after the attack but collapsed outside Cally Pool and was later pronounced dead at the scene.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 6 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 7 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 8 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
- 9 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 10 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
A postmortem examination found that he died from a single stab wound to the chest.