Teenager denies murdering Islington teen Alan Cartwright
- Credit: Archant
Second man accused of conspiracy to rob also denies the charges
A teenager accused of murdering 15-year-old Alan Cartwright has denied the charges.
Joshua Williams, 18 of Davenant Road, Upper Holloway pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and conspiracy to rob via video link from Belmarsh prison at the Old Bailey today.
Shaquill Roberts, also 18, from Northumberland Park, Tottenham, pleaded not guilty to one count of conspiracy to rob at same court in front of Alan’s mother, father and sister.
The pair were remanded in custody to await a three-week trial provisionally set to start on September 1.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Cartwright was stabbed in the chest near Kember Street as he cycled along Caledonian Road with friends on Friday, February 27.
The schoolboy continued riding a short distance after the attack but collapsed outside Cally Pool and was later pronounced dead at the scene.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 6 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 7 'Havoc' as squirrels invade Old Street council block
- 8 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 9 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
- 10 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
A postmortem examination found that he died from a single stab wound to the chest.