Teenager denies murdering Islington teen Alan Cartwright
- Credit: Archant
Second man accused of conspiracy to rob also denies the charges
A teenager accused of murdering 15-year-old Alan Cartwright has denied the charges.
Joshua Williams, 18 of Davenant Road, Upper Holloway pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and conspiracy to rob via video link from Belmarsh prison at the Old Bailey today.
Shaquill Roberts, also 18, from Northumberland Park, Tottenham, pleaded not guilty to one count of conspiracy to rob at same court in front of Alan’s mother, father and sister.
The pair were remanded in custody to await a three-week trial provisionally set to start on September 1.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Cartwright was stabbed in the chest near Kember Street as he cycled along Caledonian Road with friends on Friday, February 27.
The schoolboy continued riding a short distance after the attack but collapsed outside Cally Pool and was later pronounced dead at the scene.
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 3 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 4 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 5 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 6 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 7 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 8 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 9 Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visits the Whittington Hospital
- 10 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
A postmortem examination found that he died from a single stab wound to the chest.