Teenager stabbed in disturbance at Andover Estate party
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was stabbed last night after violence broke out at a party on the Andover Estate.
Police swarmed the Holloway estate, dispersing party-goers, after reports of a disturbance at 9.49pm.
The 15-year-old male suffered a stab wound to the leg and was taken to hospital where his condition was said to be not life-threatening.
It comes after four youths were wounded when shots were fired at a party in July last year, where nearly 400 youths were celebrating the lifting of an anti-social dispersal order, which was put in place after the brutal murder of 21-year-old Andrew Jaipaul in 2011.
A police spokesperson said: “Officers attended and found a 15-year-old male suffering a stab wound to the leg. He has been taken to hospital where his condition is not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
“Police assisted in dispersing those in attendance at the party.
“Enquiries into the assault continue. There have been no arrests at this time.”
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 3 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 4 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 5 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 6 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 7 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 8 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
Anyone who saw the stabbing, knows those involved or knows where weapons may have been concealed should call Islington CID on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.