Teenager stabbed in disturbance at Andover Estate party
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was stabbed last night after violence broke out at a party on the Andover Estate.
Police swarmed the Holloway estate, dispersing party-goers, after reports of a disturbance at 9.49pm.
The 15-year-old male suffered a stab wound to the leg and was taken to hospital where his condition was said to be not life-threatening.
It comes after four youths were wounded when shots were fired at a party in July last year, where nearly 400 youths were celebrating the lifting of an anti-social dispersal order, which was put in place after the brutal murder of 21-year-old Andrew Jaipaul in 2011.
A police spokesperson said: “Officers attended and found a 15-year-old male suffering a stab wound to the leg. He has been taken to hospital where his condition is not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
“Police assisted in dispersing those in attendance at the party.
“Enquiries into the assault continue. There have been no arrests at this time.”
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 8 Claudia Webbe: Labour calls for MP found guilty of harassment to resign
- 9 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 10 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
Anyone who saw the stabbing, knows those involved or knows where weapons may have been concealed should call Islington CID on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.