Teenager stabbed to death in Canonbury is named
- Credit: Archant
A boy stabbed to death in Canonbury last night has been named as 17-year-old Stefan Appleton.
The teenager was knifed in front of small children at about 6pm in Caldy Walk yesterday and was taken to an east London hospital by London Ambulance Service, where he died a short time later.
Tributes have been pouring in for the 17-year-old on twitter.
Twitter user Kiyya Smith (@Kiyya_Smith) wrote: “RIP Stefan my thoughts go out to your family, just a goofy kid who always made my family laugh.”
Another, Tali xo, (@Tali_xo_14) posted: “Heartbroken right now, my favourite cousin is now an angel RIP Stefan Never will forgot you, you’ll be in my mind forever.”
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating, and say that at this stage they have “an open mind” as to any motive. There have been no arrests.
Anyone with information that may assist the investigation should call police via 101 or, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Stephen Lawrence Day: Time for racial equality in further education
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'