Teenager stabbed to death in Canonbury is named
- Credit: Archant
A boy stabbed to death in Canonbury last night has been named as 17-year-old Stefan Appleton.
The teenager was knifed in front of small children at about 6pm in Caldy Walk yesterday and was taken to an east London hospital by London Ambulance Service, where he died a short time later.
Tributes have been pouring in for the 17-year-old on twitter.
Twitter user Kiyya Smith (@Kiyya_Smith) wrote: “RIP Stefan my thoughts go out to your family, just a goofy kid who always made my family laugh.”
Another, Tali xo, (@Tali_xo_14) posted: “Heartbroken right now, my favourite cousin is now an angel RIP Stefan Never will forgot you, you’ll be in my mind forever.”
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating, and say that at this stage they have “an open mind” as to any motive. There have been no arrests.
Anyone with information that may assist the investigation should call police via 101 or, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 4 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 7 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 8 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 9 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 10 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally