Teenager stabbed to death in Finsbury Park last night
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a teenager was stabbed to death in Finsbury Park last night.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service to Marquis Road, off Stroud Green Road, at 11pm.
Officers arrived on the scene and found a male, aged 17, suffering from stab injuries.
He was then taken to a central London hospital where he later died.
Police said the teenager was Gary Scott, from Tottenham. Formal identification awaits. His family has been informed.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
No arrests have been made and detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Appeal for information after boy, 15, stabbed in back
- 3 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 4 Second man charged with murder of Taylor Cox in Islington
- 5 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 6 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 7 In pictures: Pond-dipping, singing and mindfulness at Gillespie Park fun day
- 8 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
The victim is the 15th teenager to be stabbed to death in London this year. Last week, 17-year-old Vasilaki Kakko was found with stab injuries in Yoke Close, off North Road, Holloway. He died half an hour later.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.