Teenager stabbed to death in Finsbury Park last night
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a teenager was stabbed to death in Finsbury Park last night.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service to Marquis Road, off Stroud Green Road, at 11pm.
Officers arrived on the scene and found a male, aged 17, suffering from stab injuries.
He was then taken to a central London hospital where he later died.
Police said the teenager was Gary Scott, from Tottenham. Formal identification awaits. His family has been informed.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
No arrests have been made and detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 10 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
The victim is the 15th teenager to be stabbed to death in London this year. Last week, 17-year-old Vasilaki Kakko was found with stab injuries in Yoke Close, off North Road, Holloway. He died half an hour later.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.