Teenager stabbed to death in Finsbury Park last night
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a teenager was stabbed to death in Finsbury Park last night.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service to Marquis Road, off Stroud Green Road, at 11pm.
Officers arrived on the scene and found a male, aged 17, suffering from stab injuries.
He was then taken to a central London hospital where he later died.
Police said the teenager was Gary Scott, from Tottenham. Formal identification awaits. His family has been informed.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
No arrests have been made and detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 6 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 7 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 8 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 9 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
- 10 Cricks Corner café remains after Islington Council rejects house conversion
The victim is the 15th teenager to be stabbed to death in London this year. Last week, 17-year-old Vasilaki Kakko was found with stab injuries in Yoke Close, off North Road, Holloway. He died half an hour later.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.