Teenager stabbed to death in Finsbury Park last night
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a teenager was stabbed to death in Finsbury Park last night.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service to Marquis Road, off Stroud Green Road, at 11pm.
Officers arrived on the scene and found a male, aged 17, suffering from stab injuries.
He was then taken to a central London hospital where he later died.
Police said the teenager was Gary Scott, from Tottenham. Formal identification awaits. His family has been informed.
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
No arrests have been made and detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
- 1 Plumber found guilty of road rage murder of Deliveroo driver
- 2 'Our sandwiches were floating': Islington cafe owner counts cost of burst water mains flood
- 3 Teenager commuted from Highbury to Bristol for A Levels
- 4 A Level results live 2022: Islington schools as they come in
- 5 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 6 Guilty: Window cleaner 'crushed victim's heart' as he mowed down two men
- 7 Angel station closures on one in five days due to staff shortages
- 8 Finsbury Leisure Centre development: 'Something dystopian like Bladerunner'
- 9 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 10 Hundreds of novelty teapots on show in Upper Street
The victim is the 15th teenager to be stabbed to death in London this year. Last week, 17-year-old Vasilaki Kakko was found with stab injuries in Yoke Close, off North Road, Holloway. He died half an hour later.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.