Teens stabbed by sword-wielding motorbike thugs in Clerkenwell
- Credit: Archant
Young men chased by biker gang - one carrying a 2ft sword
Two teenagers were chased and attacked by a motorbike gang wielding a 2ft sword.
The young men, one on a push bike, 18, the other on foot, 19, were in Tysoe Street, Clerkenwell, with friends at about 8.15pm on April 10, when two motor thugs with pillion passengers rode up.
One biker drove into the 18-year-old on the push bike and knocked him to the ground before chasing him down the road waving the huge sword.
He escaped towards nearby Wilmington Square and ran into a shop where staff gave him first aid and called the police.
You may also want to watch:
The 19-year-old ran off and was attacked by another suspect in neighbouring Skinner Street.
He was stabbed and ran into the same shop in Wilmington Square.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 6 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios
- 10 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
Both men were taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service. They were treated for stab wounds and have since been discharged.
The suspects we wearing dark clothing, dark helmets and black trousers.
Enquiries continue, but no arrests have been made.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to come forward and contact police on 101 quoting reference 2708776/15 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.