Teens stabbed on Barnsbury football pitch by bike gang
TWO teenagers were stabbed in broad daylight by a bike gang who rode onto the football pitch where they were playing to rob them.
The victims, aged 15 and 16, were kicking a ball about with a friend on the atro-turf pitch in Lofting Road, Barnsbury, at 3.50pm on Wednesday when four of five youths arrived on bicycles.
The gang came onto the football field and threatened all three the victims before taking their phones. When they tried to protest the robbers pulled out knives and started stabbing.
The 16-year-old boy was knifed in the body, the blade narrowly missing his liver, while the 15-year-old sustained a puncture wound to the leg. Their friend escaped with bruises.
The suspects then got onto their bikes and made off towards Liverpool Road, while the teenagers were rushed to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The 16-year-old is still in hospital but is expected to be released today, while the 15-year-old is already at home.
No arrests have been made so far, but Barnsbury Safer Neighbourhoods team have been carrying out high visibility patrols in the area to reassure residents.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London