Teens stabbed on Barnsbury football pitch by bike gang
TWO teenagers were stabbed in broad daylight by a bike gang who rode onto the football pitch where they were playing to rob them.
The victims, aged 15 and 16, were kicking a ball about with a friend on the atro-turf pitch in Lofting Road, Barnsbury, at 3.50pm on Wednesday when four of five youths arrived on bicycles.
The gang came onto the football field and threatened all three the victims before taking their phones. When they tried to protest the robbers pulled out knives and started stabbing.
The 16-year-old boy was knifed in the body, the blade narrowly missing his liver, while the 15-year-old sustained a puncture wound to the leg. Their friend escaped with bruises.
The suspects then got onto their bikes and made off towards Liverpool Road, while the teenagers were rushed to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The 16-year-old is still in hospital but is expected to be released today, while the 15-year-old is already at home.
No arrests have been made so far, but Barnsbury Safer Neighbourhoods team have been carrying out high visibility patrols in the area to reassure residents.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 7 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 10 Whittington patients increase as Covid 'major incident' declared in London