‘These man r moving like Django’ – Twitter reacts to ancient gun haul by Islington police
- Credit: Archant
Cops’ efforts to make the streets safer saw this haul of antique guns handed in – and Twitter has found it hilarious.
The Met are holding a one-week gun amnesty allowing people to safely get rid of firearms, imitation weapons and ammunition.
So far 45 weapons have been handed in, including shotguns, revolvers, rifles and handguns.
Det Ch Supt Jim Stokley, of the Met’s gang squad said: “We’ve had a good response from the public and a number of dangerous guns have been taken off the streets of London.
“If you hold on to an illegal gun, you are putting yourself and your loved ones in danger and you are likely to be arrested and face at least five years in jail.”
You may also want to watch:
However, this haul surrendered in Islington – one without a trigger – has been met with hundreds of responses comparing them to weapons seen in Wild West cowboy films.
Here are some of them:
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 9 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
- 10 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking