Things to do in Islington this weekend
Stuff to do out and about this weekend:
Get into the groove at this Malian Dance session for the over 55s, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402.
Set sail on a story adventure at this class designed to help boost 18 months to four-year-old’s movement, stimulate imagination, and increase their confidence, from 9.45 to 10.30am at That Place on the Corner, Newington Green, N16. Costs �5 per child the �3 per sibling, call 07896 040145.
Relish the first of three recitals by acclaimed cellist Christoph Richter with pianist Alasdair Beatson as part of the Bach Unwrapped season, from 7.30pm at the King’s Place, York Way, N1. From �9.50, call 020 7520 1490.
Expose your children’s minds towards a better future that could be achieved if all of us demand and make changes in our lives and cities – featuring colouring and sketching at this workshop run by Semisotano Architects, from 11am to 7pm at Islington Museum, St John Street, EC1. Costs �7, to book email email@example.com
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 Plea date set for man accused of Sabita Thanwani killing
- 3 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 4 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 5 International food festival coming to Islington this month
- 6 'Mistrust and fear' of services fuelling Islington BAME employment gap, research finds
- 7 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 8 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
- 9 Young stars of the design world celebrated at awards
- 10 Call to get vaccinated amid Covid surge
Start the new year health kick properly with this morning 5k run, from 9am at Highbury Fields, N5. The run is free, call 07745 974 577 for details.
Perform a jig at this lunchtime gig from Islington band Roadworks, from 2 to 3pm at the Nags Head Shopping Centre, Holloway Road, N7. Free, visit www.islingtonmhf.co.uk.
Calm your mind and stave off the dread of the week ahead with some soul, reggae, folk and more, from 2 to 9pm at the Lexington, Pentonville Road, N1. Free, call 020 7837 5371.
Find a bargain at one of Islington’s newest markets selling accessories, hats, toiletries, underwear and more, from 10am to 4pm at Chapel Market, N1. Free, call 020 7288 4377.
Learn an ancient eastern martial art at these chi kung classes. Every Sunday, from 11am to noon, at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30pm and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. Call 07973 622240. The class costs �10 per lesson or �40 for five.