Things to do in Islington this weekend
Stuff to do out and about this weekend:
Get into the groove at this Malian Dance session for the over 55s, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402.
Set sail on a story adventure at this class designed to help boost 18 months to four-year-old’s movement, stimulate imagination, and increase their confidence, from 9.45 to 10.30am at That Place on the Corner, Newington Green, N16. Costs �5 per child the �3 per sibling, call 07896 040145.
Relish the first of three recitals by acclaimed cellist Christoph Richter with pianist Alasdair Beatson as part of the Bach Unwrapped season, from 7.30pm at the King’s Place, York Way, N1. From �9.50, call 020 7520 1490.
You may also want to watch:
Expose your children’s minds towards a better future that could be achieved if all of us demand and make changes in our lives and cities – featuring colouring and sketching at this workshop run by Semisotano Architects, from 11am to 7pm at Islington Museum, St John Street, EC1. Costs �7, to book email email@example.com
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios
- 10 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
Start the new year health kick properly with this morning 5k run, from 9am at Highbury Fields, N5. The run is free, call 07745 974 577 for details.
Perform a jig at this lunchtime gig from Islington band Roadworks, from 2 to 3pm at the Nags Head Shopping Centre, Holloway Road, N7. Free, visit www.islingtonmhf.co.uk.
Calm your mind and stave off the dread of the week ahead with some soul, reggae, folk and more, from 2 to 9pm at the Lexington, Pentonville Road, N1. Free, call 020 7837 5371.
Find a bargain at one of Islington’s newest markets selling accessories, hats, toiletries, underwear and more, from 10am to 4pm at Chapel Market, N1. Free, call 020 7288 4377.
Learn an ancient eastern martial art at these chi kung classes. Every Sunday, from 11am to noon, at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30pm and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. Call 07973 622240. The class costs �10 per lesson or �40 for five.