Things to do in Islington this weekend
Stuff to do out and about this weekend:
Get into the groove at this Malian Dance session for the over 55s, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402.
Set sail on a story adventure at this class designed to help boost 18 months to four-year-old’s movement, stimulate imagination, and increase their confidence, from 9.45 to 10.30am at That Place on the Corner, Newington Green, N16. Costs �5 per child the �3 per sibling, call 07896 040145.
Relish the first of three recitals by acclaimed cellist Christoph Richter with pianist Alasdair Beatson as part of the Bach Unwrapped season, from 7.30pm at the King’s Place, York Way, N1. From �9.50, call 020 7520 1490.
You may also want to watch:
Expose your children’s minds towards a better future that could be achieved if all of us demand and make changes in our lives and cities – featuring colouring and sketching at this workshop run by Semisotano Architects, from 11am to 7pm at Islington Museum, St John Street, EC1. Costs �7, to book email email@example.com
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 7 Meet Charrli - the Islington start-up facilitating zero-waste shopping
- 8 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 9 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 10 Arsenal youngsters Hennessy and Goldie selected for England under 19s
Start the new year health kick properly with this morning 5k run, from 9am at Highbury Fields, N5. The run is free, call 07745 974 577 for details.
Perform a jig at this lunchtime gig from Islington band Roadworks, from 2 to 3pm at the Nags Head Shopping Centre, Holloway Road, N7. Free, visit www.islingtonmhf.co.uk.
Calm your mind and stave off the dread of the week ahead with some soul, reggae, folk and more, from 2 to 9pm at the Lexington, Pentonville Road, N1. Free, call 020 7837 5371.
Find a bargain at one of Islington’s newest markets selling accessories, hats, toiletries, underwear and more, from 10am to 4pm at Chapel Market, N1. Free, call 020 7288 4377.
Learn an ancient eastern martial art at these chi kung classes. Every Sunday, from 11am to noon, at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30pm and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. Call 07973 622240. The class costs �10 per lesson or �40 for five.