Two more teenagers charged over death of Islington student
- Credit: Met Police
Two more teenagers have been charged after an Islington student was fatally stabbed near Turnpike Lane station.
Anas Mezenner, a City and Islington College student, was knifed at 9.10pm on January 19 to West Green Road - on the junction with Willow Walk.
Despite CPR at the scene, Anas died in the Royal London Hospital at about 4.25am on January 20 and an investigation was launched.
A 16-year-old boy and a 14-year-old boy were arrested in connection with the investigation on Wednesday (January 27).
They have both since been charged with murder, attempted murder and possession of bladed weapons.
You may also want to watch:
They appeared in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Friday (January 29), and are due to appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow for a procedural hearing.
This comes after two 16-year-old boys were charged with murder and possession of points and blades. They appeared at North London Magistrates' Court on January 22 and a plea and trial preparation hearing is set for April 13.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week