Third man charged with murder of Pentonville Prison inmate Jamal Mahmoud
- Credit: Archant
A third man has been charged with the murder of Jamal Mahmoud in Pentonville Prison.
Joshua Ratner, 26, was charged today and will appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court via video link on January 5.
Mr Mahmoud, 21, was stabbed to death in the Caledonian Road prison on October 18.
The gang member, and father-of-one, had been serving time for robbery and firearms offences.
Two other men have already been charged with Mr Mahmoud’s murder. Basana Kimbembi, 34, and Robert Butler, 30, have been remanded to appear at the Old Bailey via video link for a plea hearing on January 23.
You may also want to watch:
Police this afternoon said inquiries into the killing continue.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire