Third man charged with murder of Pentonville Prison inmate Jamal Mahmoud
- Credit: Archant
A third man has been charged with the murder of Jamal Mahmoud in Pentonville Prison.
Joshua Ratner, 26, was charged today and will appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court via video link on January 5.
Mr Mahmoud, 21, was stabbed to death in the Caledonian Road prison on October 18.
The gang member, and father-of-one, had been serving time for robbery and firearms offences.
Two other men have already been charged with Mr Mahmoud’s murder. Basana Kimbembi, 34, and Robert Butler, 30, have been remanded to appear at the Old Bailey via video link for a plea hearing on January 23.
You may also want to watch:
Police this afternoon said inquiries into the killing continue.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 7 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school