Third man charged with murder of Pentonville Prison inmate Jamal Mahmoud
- Credit: Archant
A third man has been charged with the murder of Jamal Mahmoud in Pentonville Prison.
Joshua Ratner, 26, was charged today and will appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court via video link on January 5.
Mr Mahmoud, 21, was stabbed to death in the Caledonian Road prison on October 18.
The gang member, and father-of-one, had been serving time for robbery and firearms offences.
Two other men have already been charged with Mr Mahmoud’s murder. Basana Kimbembi, 34, and Robert Butler, 30, have been remanded to appear at the Old Bailey via video link for a plea hearing on January 23.
You may also want to watch:
Police this afternoon said inquiries into the killing continue.
- 1 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 2 Can you help identify this man?
- 3 Shops, pubs and hairdressers reopen across Islington today
- 4 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 5 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 7 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 8 Shannon Courtenay crowned WBA Bantamweight World Champion
- 9 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 10 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway