Three in hospital after night of violence in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Police carrying out “reassurance patrols” after a number of attacks on Saturday night.
The woman, 25, was left in a critical condition after being stabbed in the leg just before midnight outside Canal Bar in Caledonian Road on Saturday, less than two hours before an 18-year-old man was hit in the head with a scaffolding pole in Essex Road after an argument over “a potential girlfriend”.
The female victim is said to now be in a stable condition following the stabbing in Caledonian Road after which passers by said there was still a large pool of blood outside the pub as police gathered evidence, no arrests have been made.
Two men have been arrested following the incident in Essex Road.
The incidents came just hours after a man in his 20s was stabbed in the back in Highbury Park following an argument.
You may also want to watch:
Police in Islington were today carrying out “reassurance patrols” following the violence, which came at the end of a week in which a man in his 50s was shot trying to break up a fight on a Holloway estate, and an 18-year-old was stabbed in the head during a broad daylight mass brawl in Finsbury on Thursday.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 7 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Whittington patients increase as Covid 'major incident' declared in London
- 10 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays