Three Islington males sentenced over moped phone snatching spree in Hackney and central London
- Credit: Archant
Two men and one boy from Islington have been sentenced over a spate of moped phone snatches in Hackney, the City and Westminster last month.
Jack Burt, 22, of Britannia Row, and Jack Marsh, 21, of Canalside Square, were sentenced at Southwark Crown Court on Tuesday for two years and four months.
A 17-year-old from Islington was also sentenced on Friday at Chelmsford Youth Court to a six-month detention and training order. All three had pleaded guilty to six counts of theft.
At about 2.15am on January 2, police received reports of moped phone snatches across Hackney, the City and Westminster. Just under an hour later, police located two mopeds with three riders in King’s Cross.
They initially failed to stop for police, prompting cops to use “authorised tactics” to get them. Ten phones were recovered, several being identified as stolen during the spate of snatches.
You may also want to watch:
Burt and Marsh were also disqualified from driving for two years, and all three were given a two-year criminal behaviour order banning them from Westminster once their sentences end.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Angel Comedy Club launches mockumentary series to save venue
- 10 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student