Three, including 14-year-old, charged with murder
A 14-year-old is among three males who have been charged with the murder of Andrew Jaipaul in Holloway.
The 21-year-old was stabbed on the Andover Estate, off Hornsey Road, on June 26 last year.
Andrew, who lived in Birnam Road, was working as a painter-decorator at the time of his death, with dreams of becoming a fashion designer.
The cause of death was multiple incised stab wounds, a post-mortem found.
Three people were today charged with his murder. All three are also further charged with violent disorder.
You may also want to watch:
Those charged are Tommy McInerny, 20, of Pilgrims Way, Islington; Jojo Mafwa, 18, of St Margaret’s Avenue, Haringey; and a 14-year-old boy from the Upper Holloway area.
They are due to appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’