Three, including 14-year-old, charged with murder
A 14-year-old is among three males who have been charged with the murder of Andrew Jaipaul in Holloway.
The 21-year-old was stabbed on the Andover Estate, off Hornsey Road, on June 26 last year.
Andrew, who lived in Birnam Road, was working as a painter-decorator at the time of his death, with dreams of becoming a fashion designer.
The cause of death was multiple incised stab wounds, a post-mortem found.
Three people were today charged with his murder. All three are also further charged with violent disorder.
You may also want to watch:
Those charged are Tommy McInerny, 20, of Pilgrims Way, Islington; Jojo Mafwa, 18, of St Margaret’s Avenue, Haringey; and a 14-year-old boy from the Upper Holloway area.
They are due to appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 8 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 9 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo