Three, including 14-year-old, charged with murder
A 14-year-old is among three males who have been charged with the murder of Andrew Jaipaul in Holloway.
The 21-year-old was stabbed on the Andover Estate, off Hornsey Road, on June 26 last year.
Andrew, who lived in Birnam Road, was working as a painter-decorator at the time of his death, with dreams of becoming a fashion designer.
The cause of death was multiple incised stab wounds, a post-mortem found.
Three people were today charged with his murder. All three are also further charged with violent disorder.
You may also want to watch:
Those charged are Tommy McInerny, 20, of Pilgrims Way, Islington; Jojo Mafwa, 18, of St Margaret’s Avenue, Haringey; and a 14-year-old boy from the Upper Holloway area.
They are due to appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 7 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Housing, LTN, Living Wage, child exploitation and charity shops
- 10 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run