Thugs beat man with metal bar in Holloway street attack
A MAN was smashed over the head with a metal bar in a seemingly unprovoked street attack.
The 25-year-old victim was struck with the terrifying weapon in Rixon Street, Holloway, at 2am on Saturday (January 8).
Two men then set upon him in a crazed assault that only ended when he managed ro escape their grasp and flee to safety.
A spokeswoman for Islington police said: “The victim said he was in Rixon Street when a man emerged from an address and struck him over the head with a metal bar in an unprovoked assault.
“He tried to ward off the blows and was struck on his arm and fingers. A second man appeared and also attacked him, punching him in the head a number of times. The victim managed to break free and was again struck on the back with the metal bar as he ran away.”
You may also want to watch:
The victim was taken to hospital for treatment to fractured fingers and injuries to his head and lower back.
Anyone with information or who witnessed this incident should call Detective Sergeant Rick Nolan or Detective Constable Simon Fricke on 020 7421 0162. If you wish to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 1112.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 6 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 7 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 8 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 10 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- A 24 year old man has been arrested in connection with this incident. He has been bailed to return to police on March 9.