Thugs beat man with metal bar in Holloway street attack
A MAN was smashed over the head with a metal bar in a seemingly unprovoked street attack.
The 25-year-old victim was struck with the terrifying weapon in Rixon Street, Holloway, at 2am on Saturday (January 8).
Two men then set upon him in a crazed assault that only ended when he managed ro escape their grasp and flee to safety.
A spokeswoman for Islington police said: “The victim said he was in Rixon Street when a man emerged from an address and struck him over the head with a metal bar in an unprovoked assault.
“He tried to ward off the blows and was struck on his arm and fingers. A second man appeared and also attacked him, punching him in the head a number of times. The victim managed to break free and was again struck on the back with the metal bar as he ran away.”
You may also want to watch:
The victim was taken to hospital for treatment to fractured fingers and injuries to his head and lower back.
Anyone with information or who witnessed this incident should call Detective Sergeant Rick Nolan or Detective Constable Simon Fricke on 020 7421 0162. If you wish to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 1112.
- 1 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 2 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 5 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 6 Crime plummeted in Islington during Covid pandemic, new figures reveal
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 9 David Dein: Former Arsenal chief shares top tips for success
- 10 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- A 24 year old man has been arrested in connection with this incident. He has been bailed to return to police on March 9.