Thugs beat man with metal bar in Holloway street attack
A MAN was smashed over the head with a metal bar in a seemingly unprovoked street attack.
The 25-year-old victim was struck with the terrifying weapon in Rixon Street, Holloway, at 2am on Saturday (January 8).
Two men then set upon him in a crazed assault that only ended when he managed ro escape their grasp and flee to safety.
A spokeswoman for Islington police said: “The victim said he was in Rixon Street when a man emerged from an address and struck him over the head with a metal bar in an unprovoked assault.
“He tried to ward off the blows and was struck on his arm and fingers. A second man appeared and also attacked him, punching him in the head a number of times. The victim managed to break free and was again struck on the back with the metal bar as he ran away.”
You may also want to watch:
The victim was taken to hospital for treatment to fractured fingers and injuries to his head and lower back.
Anyone with information or who witnessed this incident should call Detective Sergeant Rick Nolan or Detective Constable Simon Fricke on 020 7421 0162. If you wish to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 1112.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 9 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 10 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
- A 24 year old man has been arrested in connection with this incident. He has been bailed to return to police on March 9.