Thugs beat man with metal bar in Holloway street attack
A MAN was smashed over the head with a metal bar in a seemingly unprovoked street attack.
The 25-year-old victim was struck with the terrifying weapon in Rixon Street, Holloway, at 2am on Saturday (January 8).
Two men then set upon him in a crazed assault that only ended when he managed ro escape their grasp and flee to safety.
A spokeswoman for Islington police said: “The victim said he was in Rixon Street when a man emerged from an address and struck him over the head with a metal bar in an unprovoked assault.
“He tried to ward off the blows and was struck on his arm and fingers. A second man appeared and also attacked him, punching him in the head a number of times. The victim managed to break free and was again struck on the back with the metal bar as he ran away.”
You may also want to watch:
The victim was taken to hospital for treatment to fractured fingers and injuries to his head and lower back.
Anyone with information or who witnessed this incident should call Detective Sergeant Rick Nolan or Detective Constable Simon Fricke on 020 7421 0162. If you wish to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 1112.
- 1 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 4 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 5 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 6 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 7 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 8 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 9 Islington's Holocaust Memorial Day 2021 event to go ahead online
- 10 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- A 24 year old man has been arrested in connection with this incident. He has been bailed to return to police on March 9.