Thugs beat man with metal bar in Holloway street attack
A MAN was smashed over the head with a metal bar in a seemingly unprovoked street attack.
The 25-year-old victim was struck with the terrifying weapon in Rixon Street, Holloway, at 2am on Saturday (January 8).
Two men then set upon him in a crazed assault that only ended when he managed ro escape their grasp and flee to safety.
A spokeswoman for Islington police said: “The victim said he was in Rixon Street when a man emerged from an address and struck him over the head with a metal bar in an unprovoked assault.
“He tried to ward off the blows and was struck on his arm and fingers. A second man appeared and also attacked him, punching him in the head a number of times. The victim managed to break free and was again struck on the back with the metal bar as he ran away.”
The victim was taken to hospital for treatment to fractured fingers and injuries to his head and lower back.
Anyone with information or who witnessed this incident should call Detective Sergeant Rick Nolan or Detective Constable Simon Fricke on 020 7421 0162. If you wish to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 1112.
- 1 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 2 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 3 Beloved father choked to death on cauliflower after Highgate Care Home 'neglect'
- 4 Cannabis sweets: the drugs danger that put 17 north London schoolgirls in hospital
- 5 Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
- 6 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 7 Pirates: Reggie Yates film shot in Angel gets release
- 8 Islington shisha smuggler sentenced for £230,000 tax fraud
- 9 Men jailed after firing 13 shots at people in children's park
- 10 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
- A 24 year old man has been arrested in connection with this incident. He has been bailed to return to police on March 9.