Transport police hunt man over ‘bewildering’ assault at Finsbury Park station
- Credit: Archant
Transport police are hunting this man after an unprovoked and “bewildering” assault on one of the spiral staircases at Finsbury Park Tube station.
Transport police are hunting this man after an “bewildering” unprovoked assault that happened on one of the spiral staircases at Finsbury Park Tube station.
The victim, 28, was heading down to the southbound Victoria line platform and moved out the way of a man on his way up.
But as they passed each other the man going up punched the victim in the face, making him fall down the stairs.
He suffered bruising and swelling to his neck and jaw and his phone broke.
You may also want to watch:
British Transport Police want to trace this man over the attack on May 15.
Pc Michael Hoare said: “This was a completely unprovoked and violent attack. The victim fell down several steps following the offender’s bewildering actions – it is important he is identified.
- 1 Can you help identify this man?
- 2 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway
- 3 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 4 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 5 Church closes Highgate path over 'antisocial behaviour and assault'
- 6 Climate change: Nurture nature
- 7 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 8 Islington pays tribute to Prince Philip who has died, aged 99
- 9 Alex Smith murder: Abdirahman Ibrahim found guilty
- 10 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
“As part of our investigation we are now releasing CCTV images in relation to this incident. If you have any information which could help us investigate, then please get in touch. Your information could prove vital to our enquiries.”
Anyone with any information can contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 404 of 15/05/17.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.