Transport police hunt man over ‘bewildering’ assault at Finsbury Park station
- Credit: Archant
Transport police are hunting this man after an unprovoked and “bewildering” assault on one of the spiral staircases at Finsbury Park Tube station.
Transport police are hunting this man after an “bewildering” unprovoked assault that happened on one of the spiral staircases at Finsbury Park Tube station.
The victim, 28, was heading down to the southbound Victoria line platform and moved out the way of a man on his way up.
But as they passed each other the man going up punched the victim in the face, making him fall down the stairs.
He suffered bruising and swelling to his neck and jaw and his phone broke.
You may also want to watch:
British Transport Police want to trace this man over the attack on May 15.
Pc Michael Hoare said: “This was a completely unprovoked and violent attack. The victim fell down several steps following the offender’s bewildering actions – it is important he is identified.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 6 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
“As part of our investigation we are now releasing CCTV images in relation to this incident. If you have any information which could help us investigate, then please get in touch. Your information could prove vital to our enquiries.”
Anyone with any information can contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 404 of 15/05/17.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.