Twerking 9 to 5 at Finsbury bar for Miley Cyrus inspired dance craze
- Credit: Archant
Staff are twerking 9 to 5 at a Finsbury bar to get ready for the dance craze that’s sweeping the nation.
The Book Club, in Leonard Street, will host All Twerk and No Play, a monthly bottom popping frenzy, in August.
Billed as part dance-class, part basement-bashment, organisers reckon the Miley Cirus inspired fad can burn 600 calories an hour.
After learning the basics from teacher Scarlett O’Hora, budding twerkers will put them together into a routine.
Then after refreshing drink the class will address some important issues, like can Ms Cyrus really twerk and how long can you twerk before Blurred Lines singer Robin Thicke appears dressed as Beetlejuice?
You may also want to watch:
All Twerk and no Play begins on August 8 at the Book Club. Tickets cost £8, call 0207 684 8618 for more information.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 6 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 7 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington