Twerking 9 to 5 at Finsbury bar for Miley Cyrus inspired dance craze
- Credit: Archant
Staff are twerking 9 to 5 at a Finsbury bar to get ready for the dance craze that’s sweeping the nation.
The Book Club, in Leonard Street, will host All Twerk and No Play, a monthly bottom popping frenzy, in August.
Billed as part dance-class, part basement-bashment, organisers reckon the Miley Cirus inspired fad can burn 600 calories an hour.
After learning the basics from teacher Scarlett O’Hora, budding twerkers will put them together into a routine.
Then after refreshing drink the class will address some important issues, like can Ms Cyrus really twerk and how long can you twerk before Blurred Lines singer Robin Thicke appears dressed as Beetlejuice?
You may also want to watch:
All Twerk and no Play begins on August 8 at the Book Club. Tickets cost £8, call 0207 684 8618 for more information.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 8 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods