Twerking 9 to 5 at Finsbury bar for Miley Cyrus inspired dance craze
- Credit: Archant
Staff are twerking 9 to 5 at a Finsbury bar to get ready for the dance craze that’s sweeping the nation.
The Book Club, in Leonard Street, will host All Twerk and No Play, a monthly bottom popping frenzy, in August.
Billed as part dance-class, part basement-bashment, organisers reckon the Miley Cirus inspired fad can burn 600 calories an hour.
After learning the basics from teacher Scarlett O’Hora, budding twerkers will put them together into a routine.
Then after refreshing drink the class will address some important issues, like can Ms Cyrus really twerk and how long can you twerk before Blurred Lines singer Robin Thicke appears dressed as Beetlejuice?
You may also want to watch:
All Twerk and no Play begins on August 8 at the Book Club. Tickets cost £8, call 0207 684 8618 for more information.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 7 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 8 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 9 Whittington patients increase as Covid 'major incident' declared in London
- 10 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project