Twerking 9 to 5 at Finsbury bar for Miley Cyrus inspired dance craze
- Credit: Archant
Staff are twerking 9 to 5 at a Finsbury bar to get ready for the dance craze that’s sweeping the nation.
The Book Club, in Leonard Street, will host All Twerk and No Play, a monthly bottom popping frenzy, in August.
Billed as part dance-class, part basement-bashment, organisers reckon the Miley Cirus inspired fad can burn 600 calories an hour.
After learning the basics from teacher Scarlett O’Hora, budding twerkers will put them together into a routine.
Then after refreshing drink the class will address some important issues, like can Ms Cyrus really twerk and how long can you twerk before Blurred Lines singer Robin Thicke appears dressed as Beetlejuice?
You may also want to watch:
All Twerk and no Play begins on August 8 at the Book Club. Tickets cost £8, call 0207 684 8618 for more information.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 10 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal