Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- Credit: Met Police
Two teenage boys have been charged with the murder of an Islington student.
Anas Mezenner was stabbed in West Green Road near Turnpike Lane station just after 9pm on Tuesday (January 19).
The 17-year-old was studying for a creative media production diploma at City and Islington College.
Despite the efforts of the emergency services, Anas died at 4.25am on Wednesday (January 20) at Royal London Hospital.
Two 16-year-old boys were arrested on that day and charged early today (January 22) with murder and possession of points and blades.
You may also want to watch:
They are both due to appear at North London Magistrates' Court today.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education