Two knifed in separate Upper Holloway attacks
TWO 20-year-old men were attacked in separate knife attacks just two streets apart on Monday.
One was stabbed in Corbyn Street, Upper Holloway, by a gang of five who ambushed him as he walked home from his friend’s house through Wray Crescent at around 11.30pm. The group asked the innocent victim where he was from, and when he said “round here” they pulled out knives and chased him. He fled along Thorpedale Road and into Corbyn Street, where he was knifed several times.
He is in hospital with injuries that are not life threatening.
The other man suffered life changing injuries when he was assaulted in an unprovoked attack less than 50 yards away in Sparsholt Road earlier that day.
He was slashed across the face with a sharp instrument by an unknown attacker at around 3.20pm.
He sustained a gash to his face between four and six inches long.
Police are appealing for information on both attacks. Call Islington police on 020 7421 0226 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 3 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 4 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 5 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 6 Meating climate commitments: are butchers on their way out?
- 7 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 8 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 9 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 10 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis