Two knifed in separate Upper Holloway attacks
TWO 20-year-old men were attacked in separate knife attacks just two streets apart on Monday.
One was stabbed in Corbyn Street, Upper Holloway, by a gang of five who ambushed him as he walked home from his friend’s house through Wray Crescent at around 11.30pm. The group asked the innocent victim where he was from, and when he said “round here” they pulled out knives and chased him. He fled along Thorpedale Road and into Corbyn Street, where he was knifed several times.
He is in hospital with injuries that are not life threatening.
The other man suffered life changing injuries when he was assaulted in an unprovoked attack less than 50 yards away in Sparsholt Road earlier that day.
He was slashed across the face with a sharp instrument by an unknown attacker at around 3.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
He sustained a gash to his face between four and six inches long.
Police are appealing for information on both attacks. Call Islington police on 020 7421 0226 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 6 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum