Two knifed in separate Upper Holloway attacks
TWO 20-year-old men were attacked in separate knife attacks just two streets apart on Monday.
One was stabbed in Corbyn Street, Upper Holloway, by a gang of five who ambushed him as he walked home from his friend’s house through Wray Crescent at around 11.30pm. The group asked the innocent victim where he was from, and when he said “round here” they pulled out knives and chased him. He fled along Thorpedale Road and into Corbyn Street, where he was knifed several times.
He is in hospital with injuries that are not life threatening.
The other man suffered life changing injuries when he was assaulted in an unprovoked attack less than 50 yards away in Sparsholt Road earlier that day.
He was slashed across the face with a sharp instrument by an unknown attacker at around 3.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
He sustained a gash to his face between four and six inches long.
Police are appealing for information on both attacks. Call Islington police on 020 7421 0226 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 7 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 10 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets