Two men charged with assaulting police after ‘large fight’ on Mayville Estate, Newington Green
- Credit: Archant
Two men face trial for allegedly assaulting police after a large fight on the Mayville Estate.
It happened on September 29 at Bronte House, off Matthias Road near Newington Green.
Idshire Jama, 27, of Leighton Road, Enfield, is due at Blackfriars Crown Court on October 27 charged with assault on police and possession of a bladed article.
Maslah Colad, 21, of Chestnut Road, Enfield, is due at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on November 10 charged with assault on police. Both men have pleaded not guilty.
Their arrests and charges came after cops were called at 7.25am on September 29 to reports of a fight and arrived to find blood and broken glass in the street, next to a basketball court.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers and London Ambulance Service attended the scene and found a man, believed aged in his 20s, suffering a head injury,” said a spokesman. The victim was taken to an east London hospital. His injuries were not life-threatening.
The men appeared in court on September 30 and were bailed.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 6 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder