Two men charged with assaulting police after ‘large fight’ on Mayville Estate, Newington Green
- Credit: Archant
Two men face trial for allegedly assaulting police after a large fight on the Mayville Estate.
It happened on September 29 at Bronte House, off Matthias Road near Newington Green.
Idshire Jama, 27, of Leighton Road, Enfield, is due at Blackfriars Crown Court on October 27 charged with assault on police and possession of a bladed article.
Maslah Colad, 21, of Chestnut Road, Enfield, is due at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on November 10 charged with assault on police. Both men have pleaded not guilty.
Their arrests and charges came after cops were called at 7.25am on September 29 to reports of a fight and arrived to find blood and broken glass in the street, next to a basketball court.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers and London Ambulance Service attended the scene and found a man, believed aged in his 20s, suffering a head injury,” said a spokesman. The victim was taken to an east London hospital. His injuries were not life-threatening.
The men appeared in court on September 30 and were bailed.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 7 Elthorne Pride community group's back-to-school initiative
- 8 Islington company offers paid leave for miscarriage sufferers
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'