Two men charged with assaulting police after ‘large fight’ on Mayville Estate, Newington Green
- Credit: Archant
Two men face trial for allegedly assaulting police after a large fight on the Mayville Estate.
It happened on September 29 at Bronte House, off Matthias Road near Newington Green.
Idshire Jama, 27, of Leighton Road, Enfield, is due at Blackfriars Crown Court on October 27 charged with assault on police and possession of a bladed article.
Maslah Colad, 21, of Chestnut Road, Enfield, is due at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on November 10 charged with assault on police. Both men have pleaded not guilty.
Their arrests and charges came after cops were called at 7.25am on September 29 to reports of a fight and arrived to find blood and broken glass in the street, next to a basketball court.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers and London Ambulance Service attended the scene and found a man, believed aged in his 20s, suffering a head injury,” said a spokesman. The victim was taken to an east London hospital. His injuries were not life-threatening.
The men appeared in court on September 30 and were bailed.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 7 Meet Charrli - the Islington start-up facilitating zero-waste shopping
- 8 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 9 Arsenal youngsters Hennessy and Goldie selected for England under 19s
- 10 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’