Two men charged with assaulting police after ‘large fight’ on Mayville Estate, Newington Green
- Credit: Archant
Two men face trial for allegedly assaulting police after a large fight on the Mayville Estate.
It happened on September 29 at Bronte House, off Matthias Road near Newington Green.
Idshire Jama, 27, of Leighton Road, Enfield, is due at Blackfriars Crown Court on October 27 charged with assault on police and possession of a bladed article.
Maslah Colad, 21, of Chestnut Road, Enfield, is due at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on November 10 charged with assault on police. Both men have pleaded not guilty.
Their arrests and charges came after cops were called at 7.25am on September 29 to reports of a fight and arrived to find blood and broken glass in the street, next to a basketball court.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers and London Ambulance Service attended the scene and found a man, believed aged in his 20s, suffering a head injury,” said a spokesman. The victim was taken to an east London hospital. His injuries were not life-threatening.
The men appeared in court on September 30 and were bailed.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 4 Letters: Environment and tenants' manifesto
- 5 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 6 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 7 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 8 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 9 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
- 10 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding