Two men held on suspicion of murdering teenager in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of murdering 17-year-old Gary Scott in Finsbury Park this week.
On Thursday police arrested a 30-year-old man and a 27-year-old man. They are currently in custody in a south west London police station.
Police were called by London Ambulance Service to Marquis Road, off Stroud Green Road, at 11pm on Tuesday, where they found the teenager, who is from Tottenham, suffering from stab injuries. He was taken to a central London hospital where he later died.
His family have been informed but he has yet to be formally identified.
A post-mortem examination was scheduled to take place at Haringey Mortuary at midday.
You may also want to watch:
He is the 15th teenager to be stabbed to death in London this year. Last week, 17-year-old Vasilaki Kakko was found with stab injuries in Yoke Close, off North Road, Holloway. He died half an hour later.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 7 Elthorne Pride community group's back-to-school initiative
- 8 Islington company offers paid leave for miscarriage sufferers
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
Police urge anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8244 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.