Two men held on suspicion of murdering teenager in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of murdering 17-year-old Gary Scott in Finsbury Park this week.
On Thursday police arrested a 30-year-old man and a 27-year-old man. They are currently in custody in a south west London police station.
Police were called by London Ambulance Service to Marquis Road, off Stroud Green Road, at 11pm on Tuesday, where they found the teenager, who is from Tottenham, suffering from stab injuries. He was taken to a central London hospital where he later died.
His family have been informed but he has yet to be formally identified.
A post-mortem examination was scheduled to take place at Haringey Mortuary at midday.
You may also want to watch:
He is the 15th teenager to be stabbed to death in London this year. Last week, 17-year-old Vasilaki Kakko was found with stab injuries in Yoke Close, off North Road, Holloway. He died half an hour later.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 7 Meet Charrli - the Islington start-up facilitating zero-waste shopping
- 8 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 9 Arsenal youngsters Hennessy and Goldie selected for England under 19s
- 10 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
Police urge anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8244 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.