Two men held on suspicion of murdering teenager in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of murdering 17-year-old Gary Scott in Finsbury Park this week.
On Thursday police arrested a 30-year-old man and a 27-year-old man. They are currently in custody in a south west London police station.
Police were called by London Ambulance Service to Marquis Road, off Stroud Green Road, at 11pm on Tuesday, where they found the teenager, who is from Tottenham, suffering from stab injuries. He was taken to a central London hospital where he later died.
His family have been informed but he has yet to be formally identified.
A post-mortem examination was scheduled to take place at Haringey Mortuary at midday.
He is the 15th teenager to be stabbed to death in London this year. Last week, 17-year-old Vasilaki Kakko was found with stab injuries in Yoke Close, off North Road, Holloway. He died half an hour later.
- 1 Inside the esports gaming arena coming to Islington's Upper Street
- 2 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 3 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 4 Landlord who did not provide kitchen for tenant fined £40,000
- 5 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
- 6 Polio virus found in Islington sewage
- 7 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 8 'The 214 to Provence: Where catching a London bus can take you'
- 9 Polio: Symptoms, vaccines and what you need to know
- 10 Murder investigation after teenager stabbed in Islington park
Police urge anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8244 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.