Two men held on suspicion of murdering teenager in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of murdering 17-year-old Gary Scott in Finsbury Park this week.
On Thursday police arrested a 30-year-old man and a 27-year-old man. They are currently in custody in a south west London police station.
Police were called by London Ambulance Service to Marquis Road, off Stroud Green Road, at 11pm on Tuesday, where they found the teenager, who is from Tottenham, suffering from stab injuries. He was taken to a central London hospital where he later died.
His family have been informed but he has yet to be formally identified.
A post-mortem examination was scheduled to take place at Haringey Mortuary at midday.
You may also want to watch:
He is the 15th teenager to be stabbed to death in London this year. Last week, 17-year-old Vasilaki Kakko was found with stab injuries in Yoke Close, off North Road, Holloway. He died half an hour later.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 4 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Letters: Holloway Prison site development
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
Police urge anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8244 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.