Two men held on suspicion of murdering teenager in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of murdering 17-year-old Gary Scott in Finsbury Park this week.
On Thursday police arrested a 30-year-old man and a 27-year-old man. They are currently in custody in a south west London police station.
Police were called by London Ambulance Service to Marquis Road, off Stroud Green Road, at 11pm on Tuesday, where they found the teenager, who is from Tottenham, suffering from stab injuries. He was taken to a central London hospital where he later died.
His family have been informed but he has yet to be formally identified.
A post-mortem examination was scheduled to take place at Haringey Mortuary at midday.
You may also want to watch:
He is the 15th teenager to be stabbed to death in London this year. Last week, 17-year-old Vasilaki Kakko was found with stab injuries in Yoke Close, off North Road, Holloway. He died half an hour later.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 3 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 4 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 5 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 6 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 8 Author inspired by Highbury for debut sci-fi novel about aliens
- 9 Spot tiny art 'gems' along The Parkland Walk
- 10 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
Police urge anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8244 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.