Kamal Nuur murder: Two further arrests as police appeal again for witnesses to Cally stabbing
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives investigating the fatal stabbing of 18-year-old Kamal Nuur in Cally have arrested two more people, as they continue to appeal for anyone with information to come forward.
Kamal was found suffering from stab wounds in North Road just after 8pm on September 14 and died at the scene, despite the best efforts of paramedics who treated him there.
A post-mortem confirmed he died of stab wounds.
A 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of murder on Saturday, October 10 when he handed himself in at Kentish Town Police Station. He was released on bail the next day until next month.
A 21-year-old man was arrested in Peterborough on October 14 on suspicion of assisting an offender in relation to Kamal’s murder and for possession with intent to supply drugs.
You may also want to watch:
He is currently at a police station in Cambridgeshire.
An 18-year-old boy and a 17-year-old girl who were arrested on suspicion of murder on October 6 have been bailed until November.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 4 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 5 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
Police believe Kamal was attacked in Goodinge Close.
Det Ch Insp Andy Partridge, who is leading the investigation, said: “Kamal’s death has shocked the local community.
“He was a young man who was brutally attacked. His family are devastated and struggling to come to terms with why he was targeted.
“While we have had great assistance from the public to date, I believe some people who are yet to come forward hold key information about the murder and we continue to appeal for help to identify two males captured on CCTV fleeing the scene on a bicycle.
“We are determined to identify and apprehend everyone involved in this attack. There should be no hiding place for people who plan and carry out such appalling acts of violence.”
Any witnesses or those with information are asked to call the incident room on 0208 358 033 or 101 quoting the reference CAD 7154/14Sep.
To remain anonymous, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.