Two more arrests over King’s Cross flat fire murders
- Credit: PA
Officers investigating the murder of two men found in a King’s Cross flat fire on Friday have made two more arrests.
A 37-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder while a 44-year-old woman was also being held today on suspicion of obstructing police.
The arrests come after a 42-year-old woman was also arrested on suspicion of murder yesterday.
Police launched a murder investigation on Friday after firefighters found the bodies of a man in his 40s and another in his 50s when they were called to a blaze at a third floor flat in Stelfox House, Penton Rise at 7.05pm.
Officers are in the process of informing next of kin who will then formally identify the two men.
Glen Lloyd, who has launched an investigation under his homicide and major crime command, said: “I would like to appeal to anyone in the Penton Rise area who has seen or heard anything unusual between 5 and 8pm to contact police immediately.
“Two men have died and my team are eager to hear from anyone who was in the area or passing by before or just after this fire started.
- 1 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 2 Gunners pub back open for Premier League climax
- 3 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 4 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 5 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 6 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 7 Fast food chain Leon launches 80th restaurant in Angel
- 8 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 9 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 10 Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
“If you were in the area at the time, you may well have witnessed what occurred or seen something that could assist our investigation.
“I would urge anyone with information to contact the incident room on the Incident Room no 0208 345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”