Two prolific Finsbury Park drug dealers jailed
TWO prolific dealers who flooded Finsbury Park with Class A drugs have been jailed for a total of seven years.
Darren Pryce, 26, of Quill Street, and Christopher Jay, 46, of Woodstock Road, both Finsbury Park, were caught during a covert surveillance operation by police in September last year after complaints from local residents.
At Blackfriars Crown Court on Monday, Pryce was jailed for four years after pleading guilty to 18 counts of supplying Class A drugs and two counts of possession with intent to supply Class A drugs. He was also given a five year Anti-Social Behaviour Order (ASBO) banning him from Quill Street and Upper Tollington Park.
Jay was sentenced to a total of three years and two months imprisonment after pleading guilty to four counts of supplying Class A drugs.
Police Constable Neal Williams, from Highbury West Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “Pryce and Jay were arrested as a result of community concerns we received about drug dealing in the area. We listened and we delivered. Their sentence will have a significant impact on the community. Anyone with concerns or information on drugs use or supply should contact their local Safer Neighbourhoods Team.”
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Derek Wright, from the Proactive Crime Squad, added: “This is part of our crackdown on illegal drugs supply in the borough. Pryce’s sentence and subsequent ASBO must serve as a deterrent to other criminals and should reassure the local community that police in Islington are determined to work continually with the local community to tackle the illegal drugs trade. The ASBO will have a significantly effect on his life but more importantly, locals can be assured that this prolific drugs dealer is off the streets.”
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 6 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 7 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 8 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 10 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash