Two stabbings in less than 24 hours in Hornsey Road and Stroud Green
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed during a fight in Hornsey Road this afternoon, less than 24 hours after another man was found knifed half-a-mile away in Stroud Green.
Police were called at 12.25pm today and found a man in his 20s with knife wounds to his abdomen and took him to hospital. Scotland Yard said his condition was not yet known and that no arrests had been made.
It comes hours after officers found a man knifed in Upper Tollington Park, off Stroud Green Road. After being called at 6pm yesterday they dsicovered a 24-year-old with knife wounds to his upper body after a car he was in crashed.
He was taken to hospital with injuries not said to be life-threatening or life-changing.
Detectives from Haringey believe yesterday’s stabbing took place in Rutland Gardens, on the other side of Finsbury Park. The victim had then got into a car that was driven to Upper Tollington Park, where it crashed.
You may also want to watch:
The driver, a 27-year-old man, was arrested on suspicion of GBH, but police say the arrest is not linked to the stabbing of his passenger.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call Haringey police on 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.