Two stabbings in less than 24 hours in Hornsey Road and Stroud Green
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed during a fight in Hornsey Road this afternoon, less than 24 hours after another man was found knifed half-a-mile away in Stroud Green.
Police were called at 12.25pm today and found a man in his 20s with knife wounds to his abdomen and took him to hospital. Scotland Yard said his condition was not yet known and that no arrests had been made.
It comes hours after officers found a man knifed in Upper Tollington Park, off Stroud Green Road. After being called at 6pm yesterday they dsicovered a 24-year-old with knife wounds to his upper body after a car he was in crashed.
He was taken to hospital with injuries not said to be life-threatening or life-changing.
Detectives from Haringey believe yesterday’s stabbing took place in Rutland Gardens, on the other side of Finsbury Park. The victim had then got into a car that was driven to Upper Tollington Park, where it crashed.
The driver, a 27-year-old man, was arrested on suspicion of GBH, but police say the arrest is not linked to the stabbing of his passenger.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call Haringey police on 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC.
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 Plea date set for man accused of Sabita Thanwani killing
- 3 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 4 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 5 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 6 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 7 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 8 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 9 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 10 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.