Two teenagers arrested on suspicion of Alan Cartwright’s murder
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers has been arrested in connection with the death of a 15-year-old boy who was stabbed whilst riding his bike in Islington on Friday.
Alan Cartwright was knifed while cycling along Caledonian Road, with friends at about 7pm.
He managed to continue cycling a short distance after the callous attack but soon collapsed and was pronounced dead at the scene later.
An 18-year-old man was arrested in the early hours of today as part of a murder investigation into Alan’s death.
Police later arrested a 17-year-old boy at an address in Camden.
Both were arrested on suspicion of murder and remain in custody.
Enquiries by Homicide and Major Crime Command detectives continue.
- 1 Islington pub Alpaca wins lockdown service award
- 2 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 3 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 4 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 Scandinavian primary school moves to bigger premises in Highbury
- 7 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 8 Let's Talk: Campaign launched to tackle Islington inequality
- 9 Shops encouraged to become 'safe havens' to make Islington safer for women
- 10 Hundreds enjoy Jewish festival of lights in Islington