Two teenagers arrested on suspicion of Alan Cartwright’s murder
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers has been arrested in connection with the death of a 15-year-old boy who was stabbed whilst riding his bike in Islington on Friday.
Alan Cartwright was knifed while cycling along Caledonian Road, with friends at about 7pm.
He managed to continue cycling a short distance after the callous attack but soon collapsed and was pronounced dead at the scene later.
An 18-year-old man was arrested in the early hours of today as part of a murder investigation into Alan’s death.
Police later arrested a 17-year-old boy at an address in Camden.
You may also want to watch:
Both were arrested on suspicion of murder and remain in custody.
Enquiries by Homicide and Major Crime Command detectives continue.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 3 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 4 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 5 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 6 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 7 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 8 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows