Two teenagers arrested on suspicion of Alan Cartwright’s murder
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers has been arrested in connection with the death of a 15-year-old boy who was stabbed whilst riding his bike in Islington on Friday.
Alan Cartwright was knifed while cycling along Caledonian Road, with friends at about 7pm.
He managed to continue cycling a short distance after the callous attack but soon collapsed and was pronounced dead at the scene later.
An 18-year-old man was arrested in the early hours of today as part of a murder investigation into Alan’s death.
Police later arrested a 17-year-old boy at an address in Camden.
You may also want to watch:
Both were arrested on suspicion of murder and remain in custody.
Enquiries by Homicide and Major Crime Command detectives continue.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition