Two teenagers arrested on suspicion of Alan Cartwright’s murder
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers has been arrested in connection with the death of a 15-year-old boy who was stabbed whilst riding his bike in Islington on Friday.
Alan Cartwright was knifed while cycling along Caledonian Road, with friends at about 7pm.
He managed to continue cycling a short distance after the callous attack but soon collapsed and was pronounced dead at the scene later.
An 18-year-old man was arrested in the early hours of today as part of a murder investigation into Alan’s death.
Police later arrested a 17-year-old boy at an address in Camden.
You may also want to watch:
Both were arrested on suspicion of murder and remain in custody.
Enquiries by Homicide and Major Crime Command detectives continue.
- 1 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 2 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 3 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 4 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 5 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 6 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 7 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 8 Islington charity choir smashes fundraising target with help from Brian Eno
- 9 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 10 Author inspired by Highbury for debut sci-fi novel about aliens