Two victims of Islington gangland-style shooting named
THE two victims of a gangland-style execution in Islington have been named.
They are 25-year-old Lee Wallace and 28-year-old Jayson Hassan, who are both believed to be from east London.
The pair were standing outside Strang House, on the Cummings Estate off Britannia Row, when two gunmen walked up and opened fire at 4.30am yesterday (Tuesday) before fleeing on foot.
Mr Wallace was pronounced dead at the scene and Mr Hassan was rushed to hospital, where he lost his fight for life in the early hours of today (Wednesday).
Post mortems to establish the victims’ exact cause of death are taking place at St Pancras Mortuary today and tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Nobody has been arrested and police are calling for witnesses.
Detective Chief Inspector Stephen Clayman, from the Metropolitan Police’s homicide and serious crime command, said: “We appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who may have seen or heard anything suspicious, or who has any information about this incident, to contact us in confidence.”
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 4 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 7 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 8 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 9 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 10 Whittington patients increase as Covid 'major incident' declared in London
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.