Two victims of Islington gangland-style shooting named
THE two victims of a gangland-style execution in Islington have been named.
They are 25-year-old Lee Wallace and 28-year-old Jayson Hassan, who are both believed to be from east London.
The pair were standing outside Strang House, on the Cummings Estate off Britannia Row, when two gunmen walked up and opened fire at 4.30am yesterday (Tuesday) before fleeing on foot.
Mr Wallace was pronounced dead at the scene and Mr Hassan was rushed to hospital, where he lost his fight for life in the early hours of today (Wednesday).
Post mortems to establish the victims’ exact cause of death are taking place at St Pancras Mortuary today and tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Nobody has been arrested and police are calling for witnesses.
Detective Chief Inspector Stephen Clayman, from the Metropolitan Police’s homicide and serious crime command, said: “We appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who may have seen or heard anything suspicious, or who has any information about this incident, to contact us in confidence.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 8 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.