Two victims of Islington gangland-style shooting named
THE two victims of a gangland-style execution in Islington have been named.
They are 25-year-old Lee Wallace and 28-year-old Jayson Hassan, who are both believed to be from east London.
The pair were standing outside Strang House, on the Cummings Estate off Britannia Row, when two gunmen walked up and opened fire at 4.30am yesterday (Tuesday) before fleeing on foot.
Mr Wallace was pronounced dead at the scene and Mr Hassan was rushed to hospital, where he lost his fight for life in the early hours of today (Wednesday).
Post mortems to establish the victims’ exact cause of death are taking place at St Pancras Mortuary today and tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Nobody has been arrested and police are calling for witnesses.
Detective Chief Inspector Stephen Clayman, from the Metropolitan Police’s homicide and serious crime command, said: “We appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who may have seen or heard anything suspicious, or who has any information about this incident, to contact us in confidence.”
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.