Two young men stabbed on Finsbury park estate
- Credit: Archant
The men were taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries
Police were last night called to reports of a double stabbing on a troubled estate in Finsbury Park.
Two men - believed by police to be in their late teens or early 20s - were taken to hospital after suffering non-life threatening injuries on the Andover estate, off Andover Road, in Finsbury Park just after 6pm.
The @AndoverEstate Twitter account posted: “Two youths stabbed on the Andover. Taken by ambulance to hospital and @IslingtonBC thinks they know the answers to what this community needs.”
This incident follows the June 2011 murder of Andrew Jaipaul, 21, who was repeatedly stabbed by a group of up to 20 men on the estate, off Hornsey road.
A Police spokesman said: “We were called to reports of two young men being stabbed on the Andover Estate in Islington at 6.15pm.
“They were both taken to hospital in a stable condition and are believed to be in the late teens or early 20s.
- 1 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 2 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 3 Gunners pub back open for Premier League climax
- 4 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 5 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 6 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 7 Fast food chain Leon launches 80th restaurant in Angel
- 8 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 9 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 10 Call for fuel payment machines in Hackney and Islington
“The Trident operational command unit are investigating and there will be additional police patrols on the estate and in the wider Islington area.
“There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.”