Two young men stabbed on Finsbury park estate
- Credit: Archant
The men were taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries
Police were last night called to reports of a double stabbing on a troubled estate in Finsbury Park.
Two men - believed by police to be in their late teens or early 20s - were taken to hospital after suffering non-life threatening injuries on the Andover estate, off Andover Road, in Finsbury Park just after 6pm.
The @AndoverEstate Twitter account posted: “Two youths stabbed on the Andover. Taken by ambulance to hospital and @IslingtonBC thinks they know the answers to what this community needs.”
This incident follows the June 2011 murder of Andrew Jaipaul, 21, who was repeatedly stabbed by a group of up to 20 men on the estate, off Hornsey road.
You may also want to watch:
A Police spokesman said: “We were called to reports of two young men being stabbed on the Andover Estate in Islington at 6.15pm.
“They were both taken to hospital in a stable condition and are believed to be in the late teens or early 20s.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 10 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
“The Trident operational command unit are investigating and there will be additional police patrols on the estate and in the wider Islington area.
“There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.”