Two young men stabbed on Finsbury park estate
- Credit: Archant
The men were taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries
Police were last night called to reports of a double stabbing on a troubled estate in Finsbury Park.
Two men - believed by police to be in their late teens or early 20s - were taken to hospital after suffering non-life threatening injuries on the Andover estate, off Andover Road, in Finsbury Park just after 6pm.
The @AndoverEstate Twitter account posted: “Two youths stabbed on the Andover. Taken by ambulance to hospital and @IslingtonBC thinks they know the answers to what this community needs.”
This incident follows the June 2011 murder of Andrew Jaipaul, 21, who was repeatedly stabbed by a group of up to 20 men on the estate, off Hornsey road.
You may also want to watch:
A Police spokesman said: “We were called to reports of two young men being stabbed on the Andover Estate in Islington at 6.15pm.
“They were both taken to hospital in a stable condition and are believed to be in the late teens or early 20s.
- 1 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 2 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 3 Letter: 'Highbury roundabout is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 7 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 9 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 10 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'
“The Trident operational command unit are investigating and there will be additional police patrols on the estate and in the wider Islington area.
“There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.”