Two young men stabbed on Finsbury park estate
- Credit: Archant
The men were taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries
Police were last night called to reports of a double stabbing on a troubled estate in Finsbury Park.
Two men - believed by police to be in their late teens or early 20s - were taken to hospital after suffering non-life threatening injuries on the Andover estate, off Andover Road, in Finsbury Park just after 6pm.
The @AndoverEstate Twitter account posted: “Two youths stabbed on the Andover. Taken by ambulance to hospital and @IslingtonBC thinks they know the answers to what this community needs.”
This incident follows the June 2011 murder of Andrew Jaipaul, 21, who was repeatedly stabbed by a group of up to 20 men on the estate, off Hornsey road.
You may also want to watch:
A Police spokesman said: “We were called to reports of two young men being stabbed on the Andover Estate in Islington at 6.15pm.
“They were both taken to hospital in a stable condition and are believed to be in the late teens or early 20s.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 4 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 5 Letters: Environment and tenants' manifesto
- 6 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 7 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 8 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 9 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 10 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
“The Trident operational command unit are investigating and there will be additional police patrols on the estate and in the wider Islington area.
“There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.”