Upper Street double stabbing: Man, 28, fighting for his life
- Credit: Archant
A man is fighting for his life after a double stabbing in Upper Street last night.
Police, medics and the air ambulance rushed to the scene at 12.40am after being alerted to both attacks.
The 28-year-old man was taken to hospital, where he remains, with what Scotland Yard called life-threatening injuries.
A 17-year-old boy was also taken to hospital after being knifed. His injuries are not said to be serious.
No one has been arrested and cops have taped off Upper Street from Highbury Corner to near Islington Green while they investigate. They have warned people it is likely to be closed for most of the day.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call police in Islington via 101 or by tweeting @MetCC. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit crimstoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 7 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder