Upper Street double stabbing: Man, 28, fighting for his life
- Credit: Archant
A man is fighting for his life after a double stabbing in Upper Street last night.
Police, medics and the air ambulance rushed to the scene at 12.40am after being alerted to both attacks.
The 28-year-old man was taken to hospital, where he remains, with what Scotland Yard called life-threatening injuries.
A 17-year-old boy was also taken to hospital after being knifed. His injuries are not said to be serious.
No one has been arrested and cops have taped off Upper Street from Highbury Corner to near Islington Green while they investigate. They have warned people it is likely to be closed for most of the day.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call police in Islington via 101 or by tweeting @MetCC. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit crimstoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 2 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed
- 3 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 4 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 10 Covid and NHS, LTNs and trees versus housing