Upper Street gang left teen with multiple fractures in Christmas beating
DETECTIVES are asking for the public’s help to identify a gang who left a teenager with brutal facial injuries during a savage Christmas Day attack.
The 18-year-old victim had been enjoying the festivities inside the Slug and Lettuce pub, in Upper Street, Islington, but became involved in an altercation with three men as he went outside at 1.45am on December 25.
They punched and kicked him repeatedly in the face and head, only stopping when a woman who saw what was happening ran outside the pub to push them off him.
The victim was taken by ambulance to hospital having sustained multiple fractures to his nose and facial injuries. His injuries were described as neither life changing nor life threatening. He has now been discharged from hospital.
One of the thugs was a tanned white man, possibly of Mediterranean appearance, about 6ft tall, of stocky build, and aged approximately in his late 20s or early 30s. He was wearing a white shirt at the time of the incident. The other two attackers were also white.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Richard Clark, from Islington police, said: “The brave intervention of a member of the public prevented this young man from potentially more serious injury. I appeal to anyone who witnessed this incident or knows the identity of the suspects to contact me in confidence on 020 7421 0176 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 3 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 4 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 5 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 6 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 7 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 8 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment