Upper Street stabbing: Islington man appears in court charged with murder of Marcel Campbell
- Credit: PA
Islington man Reece Williams has appeared in court charged with the murder of Marcel Campbell in Upper Street last Monday.
Williams, 21, was arrested on Friday and charged the next day.
He appeared at Enfield and Haringey Magistrates’ Court yesterday and will next be at the Old Bailey on a date to be confirmed. Williams was remanded in custody.
Marcel, 30, from Tottenham, was stabbed to death in broad daylight in Islington’s main shopping street at about 6.30pm.
It was the third knife death in Islington this year, after Steve Frank Narvaez-Jara, 20, died in Bartholomew Court, Old Street, on New Year’s Day and Kwasi Anim-Boadu, 20, was killed in Finsbury Park’s Andover Estate on April 21.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives continue to appeal for information and witnesses. Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8345 3775. To give information anonymously, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 9 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 10 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque