Upper Street stabbing: Islington man appears in court charged with murder of Marcel Campbell
- Credit: PA
Islington man Reece Williams has appeared in court charged with the murder of Marcel Campbell in Upper Street last Monday.
Williams, 21, was arrested on Friday and charged the next day.
He appeared at Enfield and Haringey Magistrates’ Court yesterday and will next be at the Old Bailey on a date to be confirmed. Williams was remanded in custody.
Marcel, 30, from Tottenham, was stabbed to death in broad daylight in Islington’s main shopping street at about 6.30pm.
It was the third knife death in Islington this year, after Steve Frank Narvaez-Jara, 20, died in Bartholomew Court, Old Street, on New Year’s Day and Kwasi Anim-Boadu, 20, was killed in Finsbury Park’s Andover Estate on April 21.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives continue to appeal for information and witnesses. Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8345 3775. To give information anonymously, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 6 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 7 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 8 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules