Upper Street stabbing: Islington man appears in court charged with murder of Marcel Campbell
- Credit: PA
Islington man Reece Williams has appeared in court charged with the murder of Marcel Campbell in Upper Street last Monday.
Williams, 21, was arrested on Friday and charged the next day.
He appeared at Enfield and Haringey Magistrates’ Court yesterday and will next be at the Old Bailey on a date to be confirmed. Williams was remanded in custody.
Marcel, 30, from Tottenham, was stabbed to death in broad daylight in Islington’s main shopping street at about 6.30pm.
It was the third knife death in Islington this year, after Steve Frank Narvaez-Jara, 20, died in Bartholomew Court, Old Street, on New Year’s Day and Kwasi Anim-Boadu, 20, was killed in Finsbury Park’s Andover Estate on April 21.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives continue to appeal for information and witnesses. Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8345 3775. To give information anonymously, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 2 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 5 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 6 Crime plummeted in Islington during Covid pandemic, new figures reveal
- 7 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 8 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 9 David Dein: Former Arsenal chief shares top tips for success
- 10 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London