Upper Street stabbing: Islington man appears in court charged with murder of Marcel Campbell
- Credit: PA
Islington man Reece Williams has appeared in court charged with the murder of Marcel Campbell in Upper Street last Monday.
Williams, 21, was arrested on Friday and charged the next day.
He appeared at Enfield and Haringey Magistrates’ Court yesterday and will next be at the Old Bailey on a date to be confirmed. Williams was remanded in custody.
Marcel, 30, from Tottenham, was stabbed to death in broad daylight in Islington’s main shopping street at about 6.30pm.
It was the third knife death in Islington this year, after Steve Frank Narvaez-Jara, 20, died in Bartholomew Court, Old Street, on New Year’s Day and Kwasi Anim-Boadu, 20, was killed in Finsbury Park’s Andover Estate on April 21.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives continue to appeal for information and witnesses. Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8345 3775. To give information anonymously, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 3 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 4 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 5 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 6 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 7 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 10 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown