Upper Street stabbing: Man, 22, arrested on suspicion of murdering Marcel Campbell
- Credit: PA
A 22-year-old man was today being held on suspicion of murder over the Upper Street stabbing of Marcel Campbell, 30.
Marcel, from Tottenham, sustained multiple stab wounds on Monday evening near the junction with Tyndale Lane. Police and medics battled to save him but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Det Ch Insp Dave Whellams said: “I am asking anyone who saw the assault or has any information to contact detectives.
“In particular we would like to hear from anyone who was in the area around this time, who may have filmed any part of the incident on their phones or have dash-cam footage of the incident.
“Your information could be vital in helping us establish the course of events that caused a young man to lose his life.”
You may also want to watch:
A huge display of flowers was left at the scene this week. Marcel’s devastated mum, Paulette, posted a heartbreaking tribute on Facebook on Tuesday: “My son died here and I want him back. I beg you not to take him. You could have left him sick. I would have got him better. I’m so sad.”
Marcel’s killing was the third stab death in Islington this year.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 6 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 8 Claudia Webbe: Labour calls for MP found guilty of harassment to resign
- 9 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 10 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
Steve Frank Narvaez-Jara, 20, died in Bartholomew Court, Old Street, on New Year’s Day and Kwasi Anim-Boadu, 20, was killed in Finsbury Park’s Andover Estate on April 21.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information about Monday’s incident is asked to call cops on 020 8345 3775 or tweet @MetCC quoting reference number 5952 of May 21.
You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.