Farringdon attack: Police release CCTV after assault in Charterhouse Street leaves man partially blind
- Credit: police
Detectives have released images of three men they want to trace following an unprovoked vicious assault on a man in Farringdon that left him partially blind.
The images were taken shortly before the attack in Charterhouse Street at 3am on April 1.
The victim, 22-year-old Callum Wade from Maidenhead, suffered several facial fractures during the unprovoked assault.
He has permanent damage to his retina after he was punched and kicked to the ground by four men.
One of two friends Callum was out with was also assaulted but not seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
Police now want to speak to the three men in the images they have released, to try and trace the culprits.
Det Const Mark Pinder who is leading the investigation, said: “This was a violent assault which appears to have been launched with no provocation and has left Callum with injuries that will affect him for the rest of his life.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 4 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 7 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Housing, LTN, Living Wage, child exploitation and charity shops
- 10 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
“The level of violence used was shocking and those who carried it out need to be traced before they commit a similar offence.”
Anyone with information should call DC Pinder on 0208 345 0119 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.