Farringdon attack: Police release CCTV after assault in Charterhouse Street leaves man partially blind
- Credit: police
Detectives have released images of three men they want to trace following an unprovoked vicious assault on a man in Farringdon that left him partially blind.
The images were taken shortly before the attack in Charterhouse Street at 3am on April 1.
The victim, 22-year-old Callum Wade from Maidenhead, suffered several facial fractures during the unprovoked assault.
He has permanent damage to his retina after he was punched and kicked to the ground by four men.
One of two friends Callum was out with was also assaulted but not seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
Police now want to speak to the three men in the images they have released, to try and trace the culprits.
Det Const Mark Pinder who is leading the investigation, said: “This was a violent assault which appears to have been launched with no provocation and has left Callum with injuries that will affect him for the rest of his life.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
- 7 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 8 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
“The level of violence used was shocking and those who carried it out need to be traced before they commit a similar offence.”
Anyone with information should call DC Pinder on 0208 345 0119 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.