Farringdon attack: Police release CCTV after assault in Charterhouse Street leaves man partially blind
- Credit: police
Detectives have released images of three men they want to trace following an unprovoked vicious assault on a man in Farringdon that left him partially blind.
The images were taken shortly before the attack in Charterhouse Street at 3am on April 1.
The victim, 22-year-old Callum Wade from Maidenhead, suffered several facial fractures during the unprovoked assault.
He has permanent damage to his retina after he was punched and kicked to the ground by four men.
One of two friends Callum was out with was also assaulted but not seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
Police now want to speak to the three men in the images they have released, to try and trace the culprits.
Det Const Mark Pinder who is leading the investigation, said: “This was a violent assault which appears to have been launched with no provocation and has left Callum with injuries that will affect him for the rest of his life.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 7 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 8 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 9 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 10 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
“The level of violence used was shocking and those who carried it out need to be traced before they commit a similar offence.”
Anyone with information should call DC Pinder on 0208 345 0119 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.