Farringdon attack: Police release CCTV after assault in Charterhouse Street leaves man partially blind
- Credit: police
Detectives have released images of three men they want to trace following an unprovoked vicious assault on a man in Farringdon that left him partially blind.
The images were taken shortly before the attack in Charterhouse Street at 3am on April 1.
The victim, 22-year-old Callum Wade from Maidenhead, suffered several facial fractures during the unprovoked assault.
He has permanent damage to his retina after he was punched and kicked to the ground by four men.
One of two friends Callum was out with was also assaulted but not seriously injured.
Police now want to speak to the three men in the images they have released, to try and trace the culprits.
Det Const Mark Pinder who is leading the investigation, said: “This was a violent assault which appears to have been launched with no provocation and has left Callum with injuries that will affect him for the rest of his life.
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 Plea date set for man accused of Sabita Thanwani killing
- 3 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 4 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 5 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 6 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 7 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 8 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 9 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 10 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
“The level of violence used was shocking and those who carried it out need to be traced before they commit a similar offence.”
Anyone with information should call DC Pinder on 0208 345 0119 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.