VIDEO: CCTV of brutal baseball bat and knife attack released as Holloway culprit jailed
- Credit: RIQUEL
This shocking footage shows the moment a man could have been killed by a group who launched a brutal attack with a baseball bat, a knife and a bottle.
It was released by City of London Police after seven people were sentenced at the Old Bailey today over the incident, including a man from Holloway.
Riquel Peterson, 24, of Sutterton Street, Holloway, was jailed for two years after he pleaded guilty to violent disorder in connection with the terrible incident, which took place on July 15 last year in Gresham Street, Bank.
It left the victim with several stab wounds and police say he had to undergo life-saving surgery at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
Peterson was one of six men who pleaded guilty to violent disorder, who each received prison terms of between 18 months and 27 months.
You may also want to watch:
A seventh defendant, a woman named Jasmine Nassif, 21, of Alma Road, Enfield, who denied her involvement, was convicted of violent disorder following a trial at the Old Bailey last Friday.
Today, she also received two years, as all seven were sentenced following the completion of the case.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 9 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
Commander Wayne Chance, the head of City of London Police, said today: “We will not tolerate this kind of violent behaviour in the City of London. I am pleased that the officers in the case were able to bring it to a swift and satisfying conclusion and would like to highlight the good work done in conjunction with the Metropolitan Police.
“Anyone coming to the City of London with the intention of being violent should know that they will be dealt with so that those wishing to enjoy the vibrant nightlife in the City can do so without fear.”
Det Supt John Ellis, who led the investigation, said: “Through working with our partners within the business community and the Metropolitan Police the investigation team were able to identify, arrest and remand these individuals quickly. I hope the sentences passed will act a deterrent to those involved.”