Video: customers in Islington betting shop walk by as man is punched on floor
- Credit: Archant
Footage of a man assaulting someone who asked him to stop swearing in a betting shop on Upper Street, Islington, has been released by police.
The 60-year-old victim was in the shop on Saturday, September 12, when the suspect started swearing.
The victim asked him to stop but the man, wearing an Arsenal football shirt, punched him in the face and he fell to the floor.
Once he was slumped on the ground, the attacker continued to deliver punches, and a kick, before leaving the shop. During the attack, two men can be seen entering the shop but just walked past.
The man received minor cuts to the side of his face and was treated for his injuries at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is in his mid-20s with a shaved head and was wearing dark clothing.
Detectives investigating the assault have now issued CCTV footage in the hope that someone may recognise the attacker.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 10 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting reference number 193178 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.