Video: customers in Islington betting shop walk by as man is punched on floor
- Credit: Archant
Footage of a man assaulting someone who asked him to stop swearing in a betting shop on Upper Street, Islington, has been released by police.
The 60-year-old victim was in the shop on Saturday, September 12, when the suspect started swearing.
The victim asked him to stop but the man, wearing an Arsenal football shirt, punched him in the face and he fell to the floor.
Once he was slumped on the ground, the attacker continued to deliver punches, and a kick, before leaving the shop. During the attack, two men can be seen entering the shop but just walked past.
The man received minor cuts to the side of his face and was treated for his injuries at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is in his mid-20s with a shaved head and was wearing dark clothing.
Detectives investigating the assault have now issued CCTV footage in the hope that someone may recognise the attacker.
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 4 How much do you know about Islington?
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 'Eidevall has turned Arsenal from believers into contenders'
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting reference number 193178 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.