VIDEO: police seek man following Islington burglary
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a burglary at a shop in Islington have issued CCTV footage in the hope of identifying a man they are keen to speak with.
On Tuesday, July 28, police were called to reports of a burglary at a shop on St Paul’s Road, Islington, which took place between 3.15pm and 4.15pm.
Two men walked into the shop and as one of the men went to the front counter to talk to the sales assistant, the other man walked into the basement.
He was captured on CCTV walking into the manager’s office with a carrier bag. The man was able to pull out the recording cables of the CCTV camera which allowed him to steal £2,700 in cash.
He was able to leave the shop with the money knowing the shop’s cameras were not recording as he left.
The other man who remained in the shop during the burglary has since been spoken to by officers and has been eliminated from their inquiry.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may recognise the man police are seeking to trace. He is described as an Asian man, wearing light green trousers and a light grey shirt.
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 3 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 4 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 5 Plea date set for man accused of Sabita Thanwani killing
- 6 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 7 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 8 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 9 Arsenal begin pre-season in strong position
- 10 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
Anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101, quoting image 186774, or anonymously on Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.