VIDEO: police seek man following Islington burglary
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a burglary at a shop in Islington have issued CCTV footage in the hope of identifying a man they are keen to speak with.
On Tuesday, July 28, police were called to reports of a burglary at a shop on St Paul’s Road, Islington, which took place between 3.15pm and 4.15pm.
Two men walked into the shop and as one of the men went to the front counter to talk to the sales assistant, the other man walked into the basement.
He was captured on CCTV walking into the manager’s office with a carrier bag. The man was able to pull out the recording cables of the CCTV camera which allowed him to steal £2,700 in cash.
He was able to leave the shop with the money knowing the shop’s cameras were not recording as he left.
You may also want to watch:
The other man who remained in the shop during the burglary has since been spoken to by officers and has been eliminated from their inquiry.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may recognise the man police are seeking to trace. He is described as an Asian man, wearing light green trousers and a light grey shirt.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 3 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 4 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 5 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 6 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 8 Author inspired by Highbury for debut sci-fi novel about aliens
- 9 Spot tiny art 'gems' along The Parkland Walk
- 10 Covid-19 vaccination, low traffic neighbourhoods, council in school closure u-turn and more
Anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101, quoting image 186774, or anonymously on Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.