VIDEO: police seek man following Islington burglary
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a burglary at a shop in Islington have issued CCTV footage in the hope of identifying a man they are keen to speak with.
On Tuesday, July 28, police were called to reports of a burglary at a shop on St Paul’s Road, Islington, which took place between 3.15pm and 4.15pm.
Two men walked into the shop and as one of the men went to the front counter to talk to the sales assistant, the other man walked into the basement.
He was captured on CCTV walking into the manager’s office with a carrier bag. The man was able to pull out the recording cables of the CCTV camera which allowed him to steal £2,700 in cash.
He was able to leave the shop with the money knowing the shop’s cameras were not recording as he left.
You may also want to watch:
The other man who remained in the shop during the burglary has since been spoken to by officers and has been eliminated from their inquiry.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may recognise the man police are seeking to trace. He is described as an Asian man, wearing light green trousers and a light grey shirt.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 7 Elthorne Pride community group's back-to-school initiative
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Islington company offers paid leave for miscarriage sufferers
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
Anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101, quoting image 186774, or anonymously on Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.