VIDEO: police seek man following Islington burglary
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a burglary at a shop in Islington have issued CCTV footage in the hope of identifying a man they are keen to speak with.
On Tuesday, July 28, police were called to reports of a burglary at a shop on St Paul’s Road, Islington, which took place between 3.15pm and 4.15pm.
Two men walked into the shop and as one of the men went to the front counter to talk to the sales assistant, the other man walked into the basement.
He was captured on CCTV walking into the manager’s office with a carrier bag. The man was able to pull out the recording cables of the CCTV camera which allowed him to steal £2,700 in cash.
He was able to leave the shop with the money knowing the shop’s cameras were not recording as he left.
You may also want to watch:
The other man who remained in the shop during the burglary has since been spoken to by officers and has been eliminated from their inquiry.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may recognise the man police are seeking to trace. He is described as an Asian man, wearing light green trousers and a light grey shirt.
- 1 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 2 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 3 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 New 'ethical' Deliveroo-style service coming to Islington
- 7 'One of my lovebirds is missing' - Can you help?
- 8 Letters: Holloway Prison site development
- 9 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
Anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101, quoting image 186774, or anonymously on Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.